Getting back a downpayment on a vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the guy to grow a pair. I bought a house in Florida off the internet with a broker down there. Then told the wife to get 2 plane tickets because in FL you have a 10 day "cancellation clause".

She was pretty smoked all the way down until we got there and she saw the house. It was in mint condition in a nice neighborhood. Then she was Ok. That was 2 years ago. Since then the house has gone up about 55% in market value. If I sold it today I would double my down payment.

Sometimes you gotta just go for it.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Doog
Tell the guy to grow a pair. I bought a house in Florida off the internet with a broker down there. Then told the wife to get 2 plane tickets because in FL you have a 10 day "cancellation clause".

She was pretty smoked all the way down until we got there and she saw the house. It was in mint condition in a nice neighborhood. Then she was Ok. That was 2 years ago. Since then the house has gone up about 55% in market value. If I sold it today I would double my down payment.

Sometimes you gotta just go for it.
13.gif

When was the last time a new, run of the mill Corvette doubled its value in 2 years?

Whether it is a "custom" order or not, the dealership will probably be stuck with the Vette. Would they have ordered this car to stick on their lot, tying up their capital for a car that may not sell, other than for the fact that your friend asked them to order it? Probably not. Why should the dealership be stuck for a car that they do not need or want?
The "cooling off period" applies to door to door sales. We have delivered automobiles to the homes of clients and had them sign the paperwork at their homes. In that case, the door-to-door rule applies and the buyer has three days to return the vehicle. Otherwise, the taillight rule is in place. You purchase and the taillights are out of sight, the car is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back