Get G G-Oil Possibly shutting its doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am speculating, but many have been chatting on the board about the companies' financial condition. In the language in this financial report it sounds like they aren't too hopeful about the future of the company.

I was considering buying shares of the company soon, but due to this report I don't think it is worth the risks besides short term ownership of the stock.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/120928/getg10-k.html

"Due to our limited amount of additional committed capital, recurring losses, negative cash flows from operations and our ability to pay outstanding liabilities, in their report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, our independent auditors stated that there is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern. These consolidated financial statements have been prepared in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, assuming that we will continue as a going concern.

Since inception, we have incurred operating losses and negative cash flows from operations. As of June 30, 2012, we had an accumulated deficit of $68,709, with total stockholders' deficit of $8,507. We had a working capital deficit of $9,576 at June 30, 2012.

We continue to have discussions with existing and potential new investors regarding an investment in us. Although we do not have any firm commitments, we intend to continue these discussions. Additionally, we believe revenues will increase as consumers learn of and experience the efficacy of our products. Increased revenues will reduce, or eliminate our operating losses and enable us to meet our financial obligations. However, there can be no assurances that we can attract new investment or increase revenues. Failure to obtain sufficient equity financing would have substantial negative ramifications to us.
"

Originally Posted By: SteveTheisen
"Due to our limited amount of additional committed capital, recurring losses, negative cash flows from operations and our ability to pay outstanding liabilities, in their report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, our independent auditors stated that there is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern. These consolidated financial statements have been prepared in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, assuming that we will continue as a going concern.

Since inception, we have incurred operating losses and negative cash flows from operations. As of June 30, 2012, we had an accumulated deficit of $68,709, with total stockholders' deficit of $8,507. We had a working capital deficit of $9,576 at June 30, 2012.

We continue to have discussions with existing and potential new investors regarding an investment in us. Although we do not have any firm commitments, we intend to continue these discussions. Additionally, we believe revenues will increase as consumers learn of and experience the efficacy of our products. Increased revenues will reduce, or eliminate our operating losses and enable us to meet our financial obligations. However, there can be no assurances that we can attract new investment or increase revenues. Failure to obtain sufficient equity financing would have substantial negative ramifications to us.
"

I'm not doubting the oil but I have serious doubts about the management as they probably aren't running the company with "efficacy."

Last edited:
I've run it in three cars so far, 1 has used it for 2 OCIs @5,000 miles and I cannot complain. There hasn't been any change in oil consumption, or anything suggesting the quality is any less than the other oil I've used.

Meh, I'll probably get stiffed for one rebate somewhere down the line, but with all the FAR oil I've received, I'll still come out ahead.

Rumours of their imminent collapse has been discussed for the past couple of years.
Unless they turn a profit soon it doesn't look promising.

As an investor I wouldn't touch their stock with the proverbial ten foot pole.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Meh, I'll probably get stiffed for one rebate somewhere down the line, but with all the FAR oil I've received, I'll still come out ahead.

I suppose that $68M debt may have something to do with all those FAR deals that G-Oil was offering. They need to go to the DOE and get some loan guarantees before that money dries up.

Well I was thinking of grabbing a little bit of this stock as well, had been thinking that the $0.15-0.16 was a good place to start since maybe some bigger company will scoop them up for $1-2/share.

Looks like something interesting is happening there since the stock price appears to be rising (was at $0.16 early this week, now at $0.25)!

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/getg

That is too bad (if GET was really selling alternative oils). They just started to get the formulation right with this new stuff, and now they might shut down. I think they shouldn't have done all that race car sponsoring/advertising.

this whole topic is overrated. Its been brought up for years.

IMO sears/kmart is closer to going out than they are.

The government will bail out G-Oil.
thumbsup2.gif

I just got another 26$ rebate today, guess I should deposit the check Quickly LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back