Genesis G70 spy photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Genesis G70 (BMW 3-series fighter) is under testing in Death Valley, Mojave Desert in California, but license plate is Michigan.

The car looks good even under camouflage.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/30/genesis-g70-sport-sedan-spy-shots/#slide-4040520

g70-dv-011-copy-1.jpg

g70-dv-005-copy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
It's more likely that the G70 will be offered with a choice of either a 2.0-liter turbo inline-four, or the large and still potent 3.8-liter V6 that's currently found in the G80.

The 2L turbo generates 245 HP and the 3.8L V6 produces more than 300 HP.

The 2L turbo is smaller/lighter therefore better handling but will have some turbo lag. The 3.8L V6 would be worse in MPG compares with 2L turbo.

The proportion of the body looks good, not too big and not too small with low belt line and sufficient window area for good road view from inside.

You think that beltline is low? compared to what a camaro?

I'll take my rolling greenhouse thank you
smile.gif

I guess it is similar to a sonata.. which I loved to drive(6mt) but hated all the blind spots and sitting in the tub feeling.. oh and that they rated it to be unable to tow anything.

Originally Posted By: Rand
You think that beltline is low? compared to what a camaro?

I'll take my rolling greenhouse thank you
smile.gif

I guess it is similar to a sonata.. which I loved to drive(6mt) but hated all the blind spots and sitting in the tub feeling.. oh and that they rated it to be unable to tow anything.

From the picture it looks low to me, the high of the windows vs the high of beltline makes me think it is low.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Secret of German car handling, and the resulting short tire life.

A car that had extremely short tire life is Acura NSX rear tire. The OEM tire was Bridgestone and it lasted less than 5-6k miles, as little as 3k miles.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
The rear end squats like a Bimmer with the rear tires slanted outward.

Hard to tell from these photos, but rear camber doesn't appear to be overly aggressive here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back