General consensus on AC Delco

I've run a few searches but nothing quite scratched the itch. What are you all's opinion on AC Delco filters (oil and air) for their quality/performance?

I never used them until my latest truck is GM (OEM ACD all around). Ive changed the oil a few times and the cartridge looks good upon removal. Anyways, Just curious of their track record amongst others.

eh they're not spectacular and usually worth going for over alternatives but theyre not bad. just not appealing compared to others. on a delco fill just cause my truck is new but i wont be using the oil. the filters well ill just buy whatever. 10575 fram cans are expensive at walmart for some reason.

I only use ACDelco oil filters on my GMs when they're still in warranty. My Camaro (gone) and my Canyon take the same filter, so I don't have a wide view of quality, but I've never pulled one out that looked anything but dirty. The Canyon's warranty is done now, but I am still working my way through the case of Delco filters I bought when it was new. I'll probably just stick with them for the long haul, as they're not pricey and they work.

I don't use OEM air filters or cabin filters, as Fram and Wix have always worked well for me and were a bit easier to get.

I only use ACDelco oil filters on my GMs when they're still in warranty. My Camaro (gone) and my Canyon take the same filter, so I don't have a wide view of quality, but I've never pulled one out that looked anything but dirty. The Canyon's warranty is done now, but I am still working my way through the case of Delco filters I bought when it was new. I'll probably just stick with them for the long haul, as they're not pricey and they work.

I don't use OEM air filters or cabin filters, as Fram and Wix have always worked well for me and were a bit easier to get.
i believe their lower end has fiber caps and is just an overpriced supertech can and both are made by champion.

I have been very happy with ACDelco filters (air and oil) on my Honda and Cadillac.

An http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/air-filter-study.html showed that the air filters were one of the better filters at that time (along with Wix), and they always fit/seal very well.

The oil filters are fine for 5k OCI and are inexpensive when on sale at Amazon; or, as @JavierH19 said, at least some models are the same as Supertech which are always $2.97.

They are CHAMP made, same exact construction as SUPERTECH for double the price. If you have GM and want OEM, they are decent filters 99% at 30 micron. If you don't care about OEM get the Supertech for 2.99.

I think Supertech/AC Delco/Champ filters are fine, especially for their value. Based on Ascent Filtration Testing's tests, he found a AC Delco Ultraguard Gold was still at ~96.5% at 20mics (99+% at 30microns).

If the filter media is the same across these filters, there is no reason not to use these wherever someone would use a Fram Extra Guard or other budget-conscious filter.

I think the first question to answer is what are YOUR expectations in the application you intend. If your intend a 3-5k oil filter life it's kinda pick "C" and win! They will all be a ok for 5k. If you are looking for a longer use there are certainly better out there.

Thanks everyone. It's the first brand new vehicle I've ever bought actually (questionable whether I'll ever do that again) so I planned on sticking with OEM filters and following the OLM (roughly 5k between changes), at least for a while. Bought a pack of 12 oil filter cartridges off Rockauto for about $4 a filter, not bad. My other vehicle needed a cabin air filter and figured I'd get an air filter for the GM. If I went with all AC Delco I'd save some money on shipping/rebates so on and so forth.

A couple years ago I ordered an Wix air filter for my Sierra to replace the AcDelco. When it came I was surprised to see they were identical right down to the color (Black), I honestly couldn't tell them a part and there was no writing on either one.

Should mention these are the old round filters that sit on top of the TBI.

I think Supertech/AC Delco/Champ filters are fine, especially for their value. Based on Ascent Filtration Testing's tests, he found a AC Delco Ultraguard Gold was still at ~96.5% at 20mics (99+% at 30microns).

If the filter media is the same across these filters, there is no reason not to use these wherever someone would use a Fram Extra Guard or other budget-conscious filter.
The AC Delco "Ultraguard" is their high end filter, so I'd say the media is not the same for the lower tier AC Delco oil filters.

They are CHAMP made, same exact construction as SUPERTECH for double the price. If you have GM and want OEM, they are decent filters 99% at 30 micron. If you don't care about OEM get the Supertech for 2.99.

Champ is another example of a brand in name only. Part of the First Brands group (Fram, Trico)

The AC Delco "Ultraguard" is their high end filter, so I'd say the media is not the same for the lower tier AC Delco oil filters.
From looking at this YouTube video that compares a Ultraguard Gold to a AC Delco professional, the media looks to be effectively the same, and even the Supertech filters claim the same 99% at 30 microns.

Looks like the major differences are the core and endcaps between the three lines

From looking at this YouTube video that compares a Ultraguard Gold to a AC Delco professional, the media looks to be effectively the same, and even the Supertech filters claim the same 99% at 30 microns.

Looks like the major differences are the core and endcaps between the three lines
Looks like the Ultraguard Gold is still thier top tier filter, but less efficient than it use to be. When I bought the Ultraguard Gold filters for my Z06 many years ago they were touted as full synthetic wire backed media and IIRC their efficiency was 98% @ 9-10u.

When the AC Delco Ultragaurd Gold was a super filter.

1625092896164.jpeg

1625092995992.jpeg

Delco used to have single pass lab efficiency numbers. The filters are Delco parts, that’s the difference. Don’t know how anyone can say by looking at Bitog pics Delco is the same media as ST filters, but it’s all good as they say. Not likely Delco says oh yeah make us filters like they sell at Walmart, make’em just the same. They would have their own specs and Champ Labs hops to whatever they want, being such a large contract. I don’t know if any product is a consensus anywhere in this site.

Back