Gen 5 Rams (2019+)

Originally Posted by The Critic
I have been looking for a new (or very light used) 1/2 ton pick-up and the Ram interests me because of the ride quality. This is more of a lifestyle truck than a work truck, so hauling and towing are not priorities.

Definitely consider the 3.6L V6 Pentastar if limited or no towing. Mine has the 3.55 rear end gears and it has a tow rating of 7,320 lbs. The V8 Hemi is fine but you will never miss it. The RAM has far and away the best ride quality, and the interior is outstanding.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Every 2nd or 3rd week on here somebody starts a new thread about buying a new or newwer Dodge/Titan/Chevy/etc.. What gives???

Yes … plays about the same … the only counter is always the only guy who owns both …
and many just avoid a counter opinion or face an attack …

In general I find vehicles threads are the worst category here … too emotional …

Originally Posted by OilReport99
First time Ram owner here. 2018 1500 Express 5.7 Hemi. Nice ride, fuel efficient, and you get to see plenty a Silverado's in the rearview mirror.

That's what the 5.0L F150 guys say about the Ram. LOL

My wife and I were truck hunting a bit. My truck is a '12, but only has 72K on it. Tough decision.

We sued GM years ago, so mama said no Chevy or GMC (she's still plenty mad).

I still see some nice '19 leftover deals at my local Ford, Ram and Toyota dealers. I know the Tundra is older but I still like the look.
What I've been really looking to find is a North Edition Ram. I love it in blue and the 1" lift will allow some meatier 33's (if it doesn't already have them).
I think if I sat inside that interior, they could probably pass me the paperwork right then and there.

Originally Posted by Slick17601

Leather seats and an upgraded interior. Big Horn is still very nice, just has cloth seats.

so wait they didnt get the memo.. the more expensive the truck the more $$$ off??

Some BIG HORN here are 25% or more off msrp.. but laramie is
reminds me of shopping at the grocery store and the pints are $2 and quarts are $5

That had better be some really nice interior and seats for an extra $10000+?

Yeah … $35k - $57k MSRP for the same body style (4WD) is a range I never thought we'd see …
but they are all like that.

Originally Posted by Zaedock

That's what the 5.0L F150 guys say about the Ram. LOL

IKR!

Most vehicles I've owned in the past 25 years have been GM - Chevy, Buick & Pontiac - so, naturally, I was shopping for a Silverado, or an F150 as a second choice. Ram had the lowest prices for the basic trim and I went with it. I was a bit hesitant, but as I implied before, no regrets. Truck handles beautifully, great transmission and plenty of power to check on them 5.3's in my rear view mirror.

For those 6.2, there's a 6.4 Hemi or a Hellcat to match!

11.gif

Originally Posted by odotb
Not the one's with the 6.2.

Not even with the 5.3. The poster must be in a single cab 5.7 "racing" 2.7 4 banger crew cabs.

The 0-60 times of the new GM trucks with the 5.3 is in the 6.0 identical to the Ram 5.7.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Every 2nd or 3rd week on here somebody starts a new thread about buying a new or newwer Dodge/Titan/Chevy/etc.. What gives???

Yes … plays about the same … the only counter is always the only guy who owns both …

In general I find vehicles threads are the worst category here … too emotional …

Way too emotional. The Ram is a solid truck with the best looking interior but it is car like.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by 4WD

Way too emotional. The Ram is a solid truck with the best looking interior but it is car like.

I believe that's relevant to the OPs post- he's looking for a comfortable truck. He's doesn't tow much.

And I provided a honest opinion. The Silverado has held it's resale a lot better I will add. The Critic should take both for an extended test drive and choose the one he feels will like the most long term.

Yeah, I ride with folks in all brands all the time … the whole bunch far more sophisticated than a decade back … it's like I'm asking where does it end … What we call a WT series is a nice truck these days …

And I provided a honest opinion. The Silverado has held it's resale a lot better I will add. The Critic should take both for an extended test drive and choose the one he feels will like the most long term.

Nowhere did I imply otherwise. In my rather short time on BITOG, I've come to realize who's who.

And I still like my Ram
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yeah, I ride with folks in all brands all the time … the whole bunch far more sophisticated than a decade back … it's like I'm asking where does it end … What we call a WT series is a nice truck these days …

I have been in all the brands and they are all nice... pick the favorite.

Yessir … BiL has your 150 with the 3.5 … we go down long gravel roads like they are freeways …

It definitely feels like a car weight wise and rides like one in the street and highway. I prefer my slightly older last generation Silverado because of the ride. Somehow the Z71 dampens the bumps and according to our middle Son the Silverado doesn't feel like a Rollercoaster in the cab. He gets motion sickness time to time and he is a lot more comfortable in the Silverado.

Drove one yesterday - but it was the Ecodiesel. The last Ram I drove was around 2015 (?) when the Ecodiesel first came out. That one was already good, this was even better. I am still undecided on whether to go with the 5.7 or the diesel, will probably start a separate thread on this topic.

Originally Posted by Danno
Looks like a sweet ride and it has the options I would want.

Hemi
8.4" screen
Heated /vented seats
Heated wheel
Class IV hitch

But I'm biased as I work at a RAM store.

I may PM you with some questions. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by farrarfan1
My 2020 Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Laramie. Flat out awesome vehicle!

Which engine do you have?

Originally Posted by Slick17601
Originally Posted by Rand
what does the laramie offer over the big horn... I've seen plenty of those for 11-13k off sticker. 7500 off for a more expensive truck seems.. bleh.

example
https://www.fredmartinsuperstore.co...e-star-4x4-4d-crew-cab-1c6srfft5ln166774

https://www.fredmartinsuperstore.co...e-star-4x4-4d-quad-cab-1c6srfbt4ln162690
or this crew cab for 13475 off of 43475=$30000

Leather seats and an upgraded interior. Big Horn is still very nice, just has cloth seats.

Seems like a Big Horn with the Level 2 pkg is very similar to the Laramie but without the ventilated seats, leather and power passenger seat. I can configure a Big Horn to the same MSRP as a Laramie, but due to the difference in rebates, the Laramie costs $1500 more.

I wouldn't buy and of the domestics as they ALL have engine issues thanks to café standards tundra only choice

Originally Posted by super20dan
I wouldn't buy and of the domestics as they ALL have engine issues thanks to café standards tundra only choice

Ever heard about commas? Also, can you provide any technical data to back up your statement?

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by super20dan

Ever heard about commas? Also, can you provide any technical data to back up your statement?

It's not BITOG until someone comes in about how the domestics are bad an only Toyota makes anything worth buying. You'd think if the Tundra was so great, they'd sell better than they currently do
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Back