GC no longer available in the states in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Frank D:
If Autozone won't be carrying GC, I wonder if any other chain stores will.

I highly doubt it....The new line of Mobil 1 will take up all shelf space soon.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I'll e-mail them again & see if they will clarify some of these issues. I'll reply here as soon as they e-mail me back.

I hope you have better luck that the rest of us. Mnay of us have emailed Castrol regarding GC multiple times and we haven't gotton much more information that you already have.

I also doubt that GC is being dumped. Dumping an oil without a replacment is kinda stupid. I have to agree, they are just trying to get the old stock (SL oils) off of the shelves. Go up to the counter and ask for a case of Castrol 0w-30. I bet you'll get GC.

I'm adding this update to all recent GC topics. I just received this e-mail from Castrol:

Thank you for contacting Castrol.

You can rest assured that Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 available in North America, is the exact same product as Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 manufactured
in Germany. The North American Castrol SYNTEC SAE 0W-30 offers the same performance as the German SYNTEC 0W-30, and the performance attributes are clearly demonstrated in the performance ratings and OEM approvals
indicated for each of our individual product offerings.

Castrol produces and utilize formulas from various sources, including North America and Europe depending on the product, performance and
component sourcing. Products may vary in raw materials as a result of the regional production facility. However, the end performance met
whether API or ACEA, is still the same. Formulations meeting European standards can be sourced from the US or Europe. The performance
specifications on the bottle may read differently as American Standard testing varies from European testing.

Formulations meeting European standards can be sourced from the US or Europe. It all comes down the most efficient way to supply the product
to market taking into consideration development and supply chain logistics.

The decision for 0W-30 to be sourced from Germany is based upon the most efficient supply logistics.

Castrol SYNTEC SAE 0W-30 exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and
turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended.
Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00, 503 01; MB 229.1, 229.3; BMW LL-01 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3
for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards.

Please follow the guidelines of the manufacturer for the recommended GRADE and API specific to your application. This information can be
found in the vehicles owner's manual or by visiting the GRADE CALCULATOR at: http://www.castrol.com/castrol/LubesSelector.do?categoryId=82915691

Thank you again for contacting Castrol, The Technology Leader!

Castrol Consumer Relations
END QUOTE

The North American Castrol SYNTEC SAE 0W-30 offers the same performance
as the German SYNTEC 0W-30. Performance attributes are clearly
demonstrated in the performance ratings and OEM approvals indicated for
each of our individual product offerings.

Hoist the Bull**** flag please :0

Public service announcement courtesy of Outrun.

What did you expect them to say?
rolleyes.gif

Castol's perspective is that SYNTEC is SYNTEC, whether sourced from Germany or USA. To the average consumer, when they look at the bottle, there is no difference. Only those that read the fine print on the back (i.e.: BITOGers) notice the API, ACEA, etc. differences. If Castrol intended there to be two different SYNTECs, they would have marketed them as such (i.e.: "European Car Formula" or something to that effect). The decision whether or not to continue selling German sourced SYNTEC in NA is purely economic based on the company's business objectives, not to satisfy a handful of oil nuts who subscribe to an internet forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back