GC in Southern California?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find it? I called a couple autozone stores and they refuse to acknowledge that they even carry it.

Does anyone have the autozone partnumber for GC?

Thanks

Make sure you are asking for Castrol Syntec 0W-30, and not mentioning "German Castrol" as the clerks won't have a clue (at least most of them won't) if you call it "German Castrol" or "GC". Just ask if they stock Castrol Syntec 0W-30.

Generally, the 'large' Autozone stores are more likely to carry it than the 'small' ones they bought out a few years ago. The best way is just to go there and look for 0W-30.

Take a look at this thread

Andy

I asked if they had Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and they stated they did not carry that weight.

I was in one of the larger AutoZone's in San Diego (La Mesa, actually), and discovered that they had the GC 0w30 mixed in with non-GC 0w30. I told the store manager that one was the really good stuff and one was ________.

He checked and they both have the identical AZ stock number. They have no way, at the store level, to order GC and know that that's what they will receive.

I don't know that the store personnel are exactly clueless about this product. They just don't have any control over which Castrol 0w30 is delivered to their stores.

Quote:

Andy

I asked if they had Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and they stated they did not carry that weight.

Gotcha, the reason I mentioned this is some folks have asked AZ clerks for "German Castrol", and of course, rec'd a blank stare in return.

Not all AZ locations stock the Castrol Syntec 0W-30. The smaller stores with less oil shelf space don't seem to carry it, while the larger stores do (in my experience). I'd call around to some other locations in your area and see what they say. Good luck with your GC hunt.
cheers.gif

Quote:

Not all AZ locations stock the Castrol Syntec 0W-30. The smaller stores with less oil shelf space don't seem to carry it, while the larger stores do (in my experience). I'd call around to some other locations in your area and see what they say. Good luck with your GC hunt.
cheers.gif

They don't know because they only have one stock number for Castrol 0w30 -- they have no idea whether the GC is in inventory or not. Some small stores may have it, some big ones may not, some that did have it may no longer have it. It is purely random.

Quote:

Quote:

cheers.gif

They don't know because they only have one stock number for Castrol 0w30 -- they have no idea whether the GC is in inventory or not. Some small stores may have it, some big ones may not, some that did have it may no longer have it. It is purely random.

I should have been more clear. Some of the smaller AZ locations don't even stock Castrol Syntec in the 0W-30 weight....not GC, not the American made Syntec in that weight. Other largers AZ stores have Castrol Syntec 0W-30...sometimes you'll find the old American made 0W-30, sometimes you might find "green" GC, sometimes you might find the "gold" GC...sometimes you might find all three on the same shelf. It really is a ________ shoot as to what you'll find from AZ location to AZ location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back