GC in Michigan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all:

Been wanting to try German Castrol in my 2 cars, and my friends 2, but so far have not found any around. I live in Midland, which is on the east side of the state about half way up. Has anybody seen this mystical nectar of the car gods?

I look forward to finding some.

Thanks Guys.

David

I was in Stanton, Michigan in September for a drag race, and along my way there I stopped off at an Autozone and spotted one lonely bottle of GC. I have no idea what town I was in though, but it was somewhere between Port Huron and Stanton, and it was about 5 min north of the interstate.

I found some at the auto zone on Center Ave in Bay City but the last time I checked they were out. I also found some in Port Huron and the Dort Hwy and Bristol Rd auto zones in Flint. I got 19 qts. in storage. I left a few leakers in Flint. The american made 0W-30 had a huge dust buildup on them.

Autozone can order it - took less than a week for them to get it here. Part number on my receipt says 340533-06068.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I have no idea what town I was in...

Pat,

You've been breathing SLX fumes again, haven't you?
grin.gif

PS I rearranged my SLX inventory last night...it was SO MUCH FUN!
gr_stretch.gif

quote:

Originally posted by rg144:
Autozone can order it - took less than a week for them to get it here. Part number on my receipt says 340533-06068.

I would talk to the local store manager and maybe he can order it. Worked for me,too. Depends of the manager and if he or she understands or is helpful or not.

I have been looking since GC first appeared on this site. I too live in michigan. I have looked at Autozones and other parts and retail stores from Owosso to Harbor Beach and everywhere inbetween! So far all I can find is old USA made yellow bottle Syntec 0W30 with about 3 inchs of dust on them!

P.S. The Super Walmart in Bad Axe has M1 5W40 SUV oil. It is the only place to date I have been able to find it!

no matter how many pictures people post, i'm convinced it doesn't exist. i can't find it in the thumb or tri-city area.

i've looked at advance auto, autozone, napa, and a few other off-name places, and no one has it.

ergo, it doesn't exist!
grin.gif

i mean, **** , if caro, the cultural and technological center of michigan doesn't have this so-called elixir, then...

offtopic.gif

There's a subgroup of people in Kingston who spell it Boyl. I am not related to them. If I am thinking right, his dad is Ben Boyl!

well, now that's out of the way...

i ride through kingston quite a bit, either north towards deford or south towards clifford. there's some nice scenery down that way. for those quick rides i go down 24 to 46 to 53 to 81; it's about 60 miles. nice trip to clear my head...

big fan of the "circle tour" around the lake as well.

maybe we should have a thumb oil group or something, so we can lament about driving over **** 's half acre trying to get some gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back