GC "Born on:" date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okey..I think I'll do just that next week when I do my weekly pass thru my fave Wally's w/c is near my fave AZ.

Btw, someone has been rampantly exchanging old dusty yellow labels in three of the 6 AZs I've been to..for red ones. Prior visits to these stores yielded only the red labels.

Are you a Bitoger..yoohoo!
grin.gif

M023386BTAG785 2029:

M= the plant where it was made/bottled
02= the year it was made/bottled
338= the 338th day of the year it was made/bottled

Darryl

...and if you take the square root of the longitude of the store at which you bought it, divided by the difference between your time zone and that of the Black Forest squared(der Schwarzwald ist Z+1), you will get a secret number known only to you and the Elves...you have to trust me on this.
wink.gif

quote:

M= the plant where it was made/bottled
02= the year it was made/bottled
338= the 338th day of the year it was made/bottled

Thanks for the post. Now it's deciferable. I have four different batch numbers:

M04023
M04097
M04237
M04280

I noticed something funny about all the unopened bottles. The older GC bottles leak and the newer ones don't! Guess they finally figured out how to bottle it.

quote:

Originally posted by T-Bone:
Autozone in Portland, OR supplied me with GC with the code:

M050286ATW6241615 12:38

I would guess it is still being imported.

Have you opened it up to make sure it's green? There's another thread somewhere here where someone bought GC with an 05 production date and discovered the oil inside was not green. Oh, the confusion.

Yikes!

Well when I shine a flashlight at it it has a very greenish sheen. But I poured it in a glass and it is more reddish/brownish if I look straight through.

The label says MADE IN GERMANY so I am getting confused. I need elf advice.

quote:

Yikes!

Well when I shine a flashlight at it it has a very greenish sheen. But I poured it in a glass and it is more reddish/brownish if I look straight through.

That's normal.

quote:

Yikes!

T-Bone,

And Elf advice you shall have! The 02 - 04 batches of GC were blended by a team of exclusively Black Forest Elves AKA "Green Elves." Starting in '05 a group of Bavarian Elves AKA "Brown Elves" joined the team...now do you understand?
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back