Gasoline is going up like crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
refinery utilization less than 84% . All it will take is a hurricane(s) or another crisis ( IRAN , etc. ) to jack it up . It's just a matter of time . A sleeping giant .

Last edited:
oil and gas are rising more today . The run for " MEMORIAL DAY " day is on . The bulls see " green " . 'OLE!

Last edited:
One factor is terminals having to upgrade equipment for the addition of butanol(mandated) to gasoline. Adding another pumping facility isn't cheap.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
One factor is terminals having to upgrade equipment for the addition of butanol(mandated) to gasoline. Adding another pumping facility isn't cheap.

All other companies save and budget for upgrades they know are coming yet the oil companies get to gouge us more than they have in the past because there is an added expense and they know that they have us by the cahonas?

I don't think so!
mad.gif

Gas went up 14¢ today in the KC metro area. We went from $2.05 to $2.19. I hope that was the summer blend jump. Not looking forward to another 15¢ jump.

I can't say I feel to sorry for you guys down south. Gas here went up 15 cents a liter last week at Esso stations... That's about 50 cents a gallon. I'm sure Canada has to have the highest gas prices of any major oil exporter. I already have my 4 banger gas sipper so I'm not too concerned but it is a bit annoying.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I can't say I feel to sorry for you guys down south. Gas here went up 15 cents a liter last week at Esso stations... That's about 50 cents a gallon. I'm sure Canada has to have the highest gas prices of any major oil exporter. I already have my 4 banger gas sipper so I'm not too concerned but it is a bit annoying.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
If it gets any higher I will be driving my Neon through the high price season...

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
What part of KC? Wife filled up a couple hours ago for $2.03 on North Oak.
The Conoco/Phillips stations are the first to go up here on the NE side of the metro. Was lucky to fill up for the old price at QT. In the morning they will all be to the new price i'll bet, that is the usual pattern.

Even with the price of oil going down, because of the holiday weekend, prices are up to $.90/liter here in Canada. Haven't seen that price in a while....

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Mine is 5 speed manual and averages about 7L/100KM!
shocked2.gif

You've got to try harder, 7.0L/100km is a bad tank for me! I'm out in the sticks though so I have 80km/h roads with little traffic and plenty of hills to coast down. If I'm in the city too much then I'd be happy with 7. Tonight I'm going to hit 600km on this tank and fill up, should be 6.4(37mpg) or so, or else I'll have run out of gas on the way to my favorite station... My record is 40mpg for a tank, but I have to start adding some time to my commute to do those numbers.

Looks like those new crop of smaller cars that are coming to the US from Ford Fiesta, Ka, Focus, and Fiat/Chrysler Grande Punto, Linea, 500, Alfa Romeo Mito, 147, 159 will be right on time.

I predict gas will be nearly 3.50-3.80/gal by the end of fall.

Last edited:
Still want to be able to trade shares of straight crude oil.

Not like OPEC would ever allow that.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Mine is 5 speed manual and averages about 7L/100KM!
shocked2.gif

You've got to try harder, 7.0L/100km is a bad tank for me! I'm out in the sticks though so I have 80km/h roads with little traffic and plenty of hills to coast down. If I'm in the city too much then I'd be happy with 7. Tonight I'm going to hit 600km on this tank and fill up, should be 6.4(37mpg) or so, or else I'll have run out of gas on the way to my favorite station... My record is 40mpg for a tank, but I have to start adding some time to my commute to do those numbers.

A good tank in my Yaris for my is about 32mpg (7.4L/100km), 90%/10% - city/highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back