Windshield Washer Fluid Tablets

Is anyone using windshield washer fluid tablets? If so, how are they working out? Seems like these could save a considerable amount of money over buying the pre-mixed washer fluid.

Even the Summer formula (which is cheaper than winter) is over $3 a gallon for generic stuff. It's starting to add up.

The tablets turn out to be about 12 cents per a gallon of fluid, but you'd still need to purchase the distilled water to mix with.

Considering you have to add alcohol/antifreeze in winter, makes this not a very good deal (unless you live in an area that's warm year round).
With these tablets, you are only getting a detergent...nothing more.

Considering you have to add alcohol/antifreeze in winter, makes this not a very good deal (unless you live in an area that's warm year round).
With these tablets, you are only getting a detergent...nothing more.
Yep, understood. We generally only have a couple of freezes in a year, and worst case I'll purchase winter formula pre-mix for those couple months.

Yup, using some I got off Amazon, 50 for $10 or something. Been working just fine. I did add alcohol this winter, but even then it is cheaper than $3 a gallon at the Wal-Mart.

Is anyone using windshield washer fluid tablets? If so, how are they working out? Seems like these could save a considerable amount of money over buying the pre-mixed washer fluid.

Even the Summer formula (which is cheaper than winter) is over $3 a gallon for generic stuff. It's starting to add up.

The tablets turn out to be about 12 cents per a gallon of fluid, but you'd still need to purchase the distilled water to mix with.

yes - 303's. They work fine not great but fine.
They are MUCH cheaper than premix.
I use softened house water.

I use the tablets and a gallon of distilled water during the non-freezing months. Seems to do fine and is about 40% of the cost of premix stuff.

I used 303 tablets and they worked ok, will be trying Nextzett Kristall Klar concentrated liquid next.
Highly recommend the Nextzett - it smells good, has a nice soapy texture that cleans very well and the consistency means it does not run as bad as the store blue water. I have an under sink reverse osmosis system so the water is free, works out to be about 73 cents a gallon during summer.

They had spotty availability in midst of pandemic so I stocked up enough to make probably dang near 75 gallons so between the 2 cars I have probably enough to last a solid 10 years. I just hope the bottles don't start breaking down before I can use them up.

Back