Windshield Washer Solvent tablets/

any of you ever use them? we dont have freezing weather where I live, I got a job driving a school bus 3 years back and found out they just use washer solvent tablets...instead of stocking gallon jugs of an expendable item.. so I started using them... 60 tablets for 9 dollars versus 2+dollar a gallon jugs at Walliemart for something similar.

whatcha think of this stuff? it is homebrew. 15 cents per gallon

1 homebrew.JPG

Those tablets don't have any alcohol in them, so they will still freeze :sneaky:

Also, if the water is old and stale, it could smell like fart after awhile :poop:

I always use de-icer washer fluid with alcohol in it with a negative freezing point, year-round.

I’ve been using an ounce of Simple Green in a gallon of water as my washer fluid for years. Don’t have to worry about freezing where I’m located.

If you're not in freezing weather why not just use water for free?
Just free water doesn't clear bug juice- especially if you hit a big swarm.

I use 303 tablets, the higher end stuff works better but 303's get me between fills so I can use the stations soapy water and squeegees

Those tablets don't have any alcohol in them, so they will still freeze :sneaky:

Also, if the water is old and stale, it could smell like fart after awhile :poop:

I always use de-icer washer fluid with alcohol in it with a negative freezing point, year-round.
That’s why I’m sticking to the winter stuff year round. The Supertech summer stuff last year smelled like a bottle of toxic farts.

What does the smell have to do with anything ? It's outside on your windshield , and gets wiped away in a few seconds .

Back