Gas station 10w-40 conventional

I can't remember the last time I bought oil at a "gas station." Actually, I can't remember the last time I went into one. If I have a car that occasionally needs a top off, I keep a quart of oil in it somewhere.

SuperTech 10w-40 Blend carries SP but no GF-6. I can't see the point of buying gas station oil at 2 or 3 times the price. If I had an oil burner I'd carry an extra quart from home. Once had a VW Van that burned oil. On a long trip I carried a case of Penz oil (cheapest on the shelf).

Ok, I can get a decent 10w-40 and if i need to top off at a gas station I can just look for a reputable brand name or a recent certification. Seems easy enough.

I wouldn't (don't) worry about using good quality conventional 10w40 in my cars. I've been using conventional 10w40 in all my cars since I bought my first one in 1977. The 10w40 that I'm using in my current cars has been stored in my garage for 15-25 years and all is fine. A couple of them are in excess of 200K miles and still going strong. Seriously, a 50 caliber ammo box makes a great place to store 2 or 3 quarts of oil and a rag for checking oil. I did this for years.

I keep a quart container of whatever oil I am running at the time in a tote in the back of my van, along with coolant, hot shots RV gas additive (a fuel system cleaner with their LX4 added in), and a few other things. Right now its a quart of Rotella T4 15w-40.

1 Quart Translucent Automotive Pitcher - Amazon

I have a few of these that I use for different things that I got from the local Farm & Fleet. I like these because I can mix in the Motorkote that I add to the oil with it so when I need to add, it always stays at the same level.

settle down nancy!
If you only drive 2500 miles per year?…I can’t think you burn up a full quart on any single outing. If you check your oil BEFORE your ride …why would you need a quart of RingFree 10W-40 at the gas pump?

Again: problem solved.

And “Nancy”? I’m not the one too girly to get my hands dirty and check my oil once in a while.

If you only drive 2500 miles per year?…I can’t think you burn up a full quart on any single outing. If you check your oil BEFORE your ride …why would you need a quart of RingFree 10W-40 at the gas pump?

Again: problem solved.

And “Nancy”? I’m not the one too girly to get my hands dirty and check my oil once in a while.
take a xanax, spike!

CW.. .

If you get a oil at a gas station make sure it's a good one that is API SP or SN 10w40... Get a legit one.

I buy Cam2 Superpromax routinely at 3 different gas stations. At reasonable prices.

Reactions: SR5
i am curious about the quality of oil available at gas stations.

Just went to a gas station west of me....

They had Cam2 full synthetic 5w30. Also had Warren Oil 5w20, 5W30, 10w30, 10w40. And Pennzoil gold bottle in 5w20 and 5w30... And Dexron ATF for a ok price too.

Just went to a gas station west of me....

They had Cam2 full synthetic 5w30. Also had Warren Oil 5w20, 5W30, 10w30, 10w40. And Pennzoil gold bottle in 5w20 and 5w30... And Dexron ATF for a ok price too.

On the rare occasions I had to go inside I have seen brand name oil on the shelf.

Now 50 years ago or so you got whatever was in the glass bottle.

Back