Galaxy Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was passing by a Best Buy so I dropped in. The development and variety of the tablets was quite amazing. My main goal was to check out the UltraBooks, of which I liked the Asus offerings.

But the tablets have come a long way and they are almost useful. Of course, the best among them was Galaxy Note. It is called a smartphone but I think it's a perfectly sized tablet that happens to make phone calls. I will probably get it when it's time to get a new phone.

My friend manages an AT&T Mobility store. He agrees that the Note is a class-leading device but says it looks really awkward in your pocket. Women might...misinterpret it.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Women might...misinterpret it.

Sounds like an added benefit.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

smile.gif

All show, no go. Somehow i don't see it as a benefit.
wink.gif

But Galaxy Note really has me intrigued, I think it would be perfect for managing business mail, appointments and such and still have phone capability. It probably could give a Blackberry a run for its money.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

smile.gif

All show, no go. Somehow i don't see it as a benefit.
wink.gif

But Galaxy Note really has me intrigued, I think it would be perfect for managing business mail, appointments and such and still have phone capability. It probably could give a Blackberry a run for its money.

What's a Blackberry?
28.gif

My 4.5" phone already fits awkwardly in my pocket, I can't imagine trying to carry a Note.

Last edited:
The Samsung Note is a "man phone" (insert grunt like a caveman here).

It's a great piece of hardware hobbled by Android Gingerbread. After using ICS, going back to Gingerbread was like going back to WinXP after using Win7, no thanks.

I'm excited to see the 2nd generation of this device.

Also, have you all seen the app called "Handrite"? It' does so much of what Samsung is touting with the pen, already, with your fingers, on any device. It's in the Amazon & Google app stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back