FYI - K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever it's worth:

Thanks for contacting K&N. The K&N HP-2010 is a 5 micron oil filter but it is most efficient between 10-20 micron range where its tested to achieve 99% efficiency. I do not have the beta ratio available from a multi-pass test but I'll email our engineering department to see if that's available.

Thank you,

George Hsieh
Tech Support
K&N Engineering
[email protected]

I happened to speak with a tech on the Mobil 1 filter hotline yesterday, and he told me that Mobil 1 and K & N filters are pretty much the same, with the exception that Mobil 1 has a lot more media in the can, and can be run for much longer intervals. He also sorta confirmed a theory that Mobil 1 is geared for better filtering, K & N for racing.
For whatever that's worth.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
I happened to speak with a tech on the Mobil 1 filter hotline yesterday, and he told me that Mobil 1 and K & N filters are pretty much the same, with the exception that Mobil 1 has a lot more media in the can, and can be run for much longer intervals. He also sorta confirmed a theory that Mobil 1 is geared for better filtering, K & N for racing.

What does that mean 'for racing'? Is this to say that racing applications are more gear towards flow instead of filtration? If so, what is the reason for that?

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
For whatever it's worth:

Thanks for contacting K&N. The K&N HP-2010 is a 5 micron oil filter but it is most efficient between 10-20 micron range where its tested to achieve 99% efficiency.

Another top tier automotive filter that performs as good as, or better than a hydraulic filter. No surprises there.

Originally Posted By: MarkC

That is interesting, the Mobil 1 and K&N filters I cut open for the same application have the same number of pleats and were identical in height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back