Funny moment of the day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by pzev
The 6.2 is a tough unit, I bought a retired oil field techs truck with a 154,000 miles and almost 12k hours on it, and it ran great with good power. The drive line was torched, it needed front u-joints and bearings/hubs, along with rear axle seals. It was starting to develop a rear main seal leak, and the a/c compressor was making noise, so I sold the truck after putting about 8,000 miles on it and didn't loose a nickel even after the maintenance costs. Lets hope the new 7.3l that is replacing the 6.2 is as durable.

I was under the impression that the 6.2 was staying, and the 7.3 gas was an optional upgrade, like when you used to be able to pick from the 5.4 v8 or the v10 gassers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pzev
The 6.2 is a tough unit, I bought a retired oil field techs truck with a 154,000 miles and almost 12k hours on it, and it ran great with good power. The drive line was torched, it needed front u-joints and bearings/hubs, along with rear axle seals. It was starting to develop a rear main seal leak, and the a/c compressor was making noise, so I sold the truck after putting about 8,000 miles on it and didn't loose a nickel even after the maintenance costs. Lets hope the new 7.3l that is replacing the 6.2 is as durable.

Can't disagree with that......The 6.2L is a tough engine, This one died from neglect. Like UncleDave pointed out.....The oil was most likely changed off mileage not engine hours.

I don't really understand Ford abandoning OHC after all these years....They just engineered there own LSx engine like Chrysler did with the "Hemi".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back