Full Synthetic Brake Fluid?

D8476E05-ADE7-4A5B-935A-EF44F06B51C8.jpeg

A9072E7E-5ED0-49B3-B442-E87B0FF382B9.jpeg

@edyvw, should I tell my neighbor that he is good to go for another 100k? 🤔

Bosch ES15-32N in everything. Extra mental comfort in the motorcycle, MB, and, admittedly, overkill in the others.
Plus it says I can extend to three year flushes vice 2 year flushes.

Bosch ESI6-32N​

Thanks for the suggestion! I just flushed my 2017 RX 350(40k mi) with Bosch. Much improved breaking force. I wasn’t expecting such an improvement. Note that I believe the rears may have had some air in the lines.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just flushed my 2017 RX 350(40k mi) with Bosch. Much improved breaking force. I wasn’t expecting such an improvement. Note that I believe the rears may have had some air in the lines.
Glad you like it too and thanks for pointing out my typo.

If I were to get my entire braking system replace all 4 pads,4 rotors,4 calipers,etc would I need to remove all the current brake fluid and put in brand new brake fluid?
Don't forget to replace your master cylinder and ABS module while you're at it.

How in the world can anyone tell who makes the best full synthetic brake fluid?
No one can. Everyone has opinions, many people always buy the same brand so with no experience with other brands they can't qualify their thinking that one is the "best", and even when some group tests brake fluids, another group can test fluids and come up with a different "best".

Brake fluids ALL must meet a US Department of Transporation spec, hence the "DOT" designation. You'd be hard-pressed to find that an Amsoil or Motul fluid actually performs better in the real world than Peak brand fluid from Dollar General.

I am bit sketchy lately about DOT4 in Toyota vehicles. I used ATE TYP200 in Sienna but master cylinder died. I mean it really should not be an issue in 2021, and it could be just bad cylinder, but I went back to DOT3 just in case.

If I were to get my entire braking system replace all 4 pads,4 rotors,4 calipers,etc would I need to remove all the current brake fluid and put in brand new brake fluid?
”Need” is a bit strong, but if the fluid has been in there for more than a couple years, then now would be a great time. Vacuum out the MC (unless if that is getting replaced too?) then refill, then tear into the calipers.

Could argue to flush before removing calipers, that way the new ones don’t see any old fluid, even momentarily.

I am bit sketchy lately about DOT4 in Toyota vehicles. I used ATE TYP200 in Sienna but master cylinder died. I mean it really should not be an issue in 2021, and it could be just bad cylinder, but I went back to DOT3 just in case.
There are some differences in cold temp viscosity between DOT 3 and 4 fluids. Some of the OE DOT3 fluids also contain higher levels of lubricants.

I’m sorry to hear about that. As you mention, there’s probably not a strong correlation. I’ve been using AdvancedAuto Wearever DOT 4 in my wife’s RX350 for the last 26k miles and I’ll upgrade to Bosch for the next flush.

This is definitely a thing and not just a 'buy OEM' scare tactic? Honda's DOT 3 is supposed to have some special sauce in it so now I'm second guessing my Prestone purchase.

Honda's DOT3 is darker than generic brake fluid. Did a flush with NAPA DOT3 brake fluid on a Toyota than topped it off with some leftover Honda DOT3 from a Honda job. Was surprised with the reservoir turned "dark" as if the fluid looked old. Now I've been contemplating on flushing again with Honda fluid.

Now at this point I think that I am going to start using bosch brake fluid. About 2-3 months ago I had a brake flush and I had the mechanic use lucas full synthetic brake fluid. I have never used any Lucas products. Is Lucas brake fluid any good?

Now at this point I think that I am going to start using bosch brake fluid. About 2-3 months ago I had a brake flush and I had the mechanic use lucas full synthetic brake fluid. I have never used any Lucas products. Is Lucas brake fluid any good?
It is probably comparable to any generic DOT3 fluid.

I flushed a few cars with it last year. Some of them have started to look “murky.”

Back