FUEL POWER for GAS (FP Plus and FP60)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff, My vehicle has a GDI engine and known problems are carbon buildup on the valves due to the EGR gases. Does this product help in regards to that?

Chiks, probably not if there is already sludge build up on the back side of the valves. Using fp60 and Lc20 together would help reduce the build up from forming. Most likely you are getting some oily residue from the PVC system being routed to the intake which produces an oily air mixture coming across the vales. That oil residue builds up on the valves and hardens. No fuel touches this area so it's hard to clean.

Chiks: Unfortunately all gasoline DI engines are going to or already have this problem...

I fell into this trap as well... With our Audi 2.0T... I didn't do my research first...

I will not make that mistake again... I will stay away from any gasoline DI motors... As long as I can... Unfortunately I think they are the future...

The sad thing is all the manufactures know there is a major issue here and just ignore it... I think Lexus is the only one working on a solution...

Last edited:
I've found the FP products to be especially effective in small engines and stored gasoline. The local Honda power equipment shop has a lot of problems with stuck intake valves due to crud on the valve stem when the owner uses the regional regular gas (for some reason, high octane gas doesn't cause the problem). I've used nothing but regular in all my small engines with FPPlus, and excellent operation all the time. It serves as a fuel stabilizer as well as preventing the stuck valves.

I for one...Would really like to see one of these fuel additive companies actually have before and after pics with a bore scope camera of the combustion chamber of a neglected motor...

Have pics of before and after 15K-20k miles of their fuel additive treatment... And for Once have the actual truthful pics... I get tired of seeing the same old injector spray pattern pic from at least 5 different companies...As well as the exact same 2 valves pics... Come on guys... At least put some effort into it,to help convince the not so ignorant buyers...

I know being truthful and honest is very hard to do these days while trying to sell your product...

I believe LCD is one of those companies...That is totally legit... But I have never seen any pics or video... Ya know Just like the Evening News---> Seeing is Believing...

I just wonder how fast sales would grow, if positive proof was actually shown that the product actually works...

Originally Posted By: chiks
Anybody use this?
Opinions? Comments?

fuel_subimages.jpg

http://lcdinc.com/products_fuel_power.php

I have been using LubeControl's products since the fall of 2004. I like the products and plan to keep using them as long as they are sold.

Last edited:
i run out of FP60 and currently running Redline SI-1. the FC returned to normal. i got an increase of 1-3km for every liter of petrol on FP60.

I alternate between FP Plus and Redline SI-1 on my cars (maint dose SI-1, straight gas, maint dose FP Plus, straight gas -- repeat), but always see the best mileage with FP Plus in the tank. I've been using LC20 and FP60 or FP Plus for 10 years now, and have never had a fuel or oil related issue in that time.

--Matt

(sorry for the thread necro - I just love these products)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LCD
LCD here. Thought I would chime in on this thread as well. We are still around and business is doing well............................... I became involved with Lube Control many years ago because of the overwhelming data through used oil analysis that these products work and work well. We then tested as SwRI in San Antonio to remove all doubts. In 20+ years of SwRI testing fuel additives we were the 3rd to prove increased fuel economy.

Give us a try if you never have and here's a coupon code to help with shipping.

Coupon code for 10% off 80795.

Thanks,

Jeff Edwards

Are you offering a 10% off coupon code in August 2013? I'm looking to get a gallon of FP Plus.

I'm a little late to the game with this but I have been using both products for almost 4 years now. My Tacoma sees religious maintenance doses of FP Plus, the most noticeable thing for me is the elimination of the "lean rattle" that most cars & trucks have, I'm not talking about anything serious but when you drive a vehicle everyday you get to know every little thing and sound about it. My area of Texas does not have pure gas anymore so I don't mind the cost and time it takes to mix this at each fill up to help offset ethanol issues. The LC20 I use is for my daughter's Saturn and future son-in-law's 4Runner. I can't say anything negative about the products; in fact on one order I placed, I was short 1 gallon of FP Plus. I called, and the problem was corrected and shipped out immediately. That is the type of customer service that makes and keeps loyal customers. Thanks guys!

I use FP Plus when I remember usually every other fill up. I do use SL-1 before every oil change. Over kill, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've run lc20 faithfully in all our engines.

I run a rotation of adds in the fuel, including fp60. I had some FP plus or 3000 or whatever it's called, but it causes the bottles to suck in, and it stinks much more. I think next order I may stay with fp60.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I've run lc20 faithfully in all our engines.

I run a rotation of adds in the fuel, including fp60. I had some FP plus or 3000 or whatever it's called, but it causes the bottles to suck in, and it stinks much more. I think next order I may stay with fp60.

The FP Plus ends up a bit cheaper in the long run, since FP60's treat rate is double, but you may be onto something there on the stink. 30% higher overall cost is pretty unlikely to be noticeable for people running in smaller engines, but could be noticeable in bigger ones.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back