Fuel Injector Cleaner ?

Never tried just a Fuel Injector Cleaner before but for grins I bought a bottle of Super Tech Fuel Injector Cleaner Concentrate for the wife's SUV which sees a lot of Kroger regular gas ... Figure it can't hurt . Normally I would use Techron Concentrate right before an oil change .

Never tried just a Fuel Injector Cleaner before but for grins I bought a bottle of Super Tech Fuel Injector Cleaner Concentrate for the wife's SUV which sees a lot of Kroger regular gas ... Figure it can't hurt .
Probably just a waste of money if it's running fine. Gasoline already has detergents. And the over the counter products are made pretty weak so John Q Public doesn't accidentally poison himself and keel over from handling it improperly. If you want something effective, try some commercial product like BG, but good luck buying it.

LiquiMoly Jectron. That does clean old skool BOSCH injectors.
They make a new blend for D.I. engines. Never used it but I can assume it performs as Jectron does.

Top Tier Gas is already treated with approved detergent additives at the correct concentration which adequately clean the fuel system from tank all the way to injectors and also help to prevent carbon build in combustion chamber.

At the refinery where base gas is produced they also add additives like antioxidants and corrosion inhibitors.

I have never used any fuel or injector cleaners. The reason is, how do I know if there's not going to be any adverse chemical reaction with proprietary detergent chemicals already added to gasoline at correct concentration.

I can tell a difference with my Colorado. Techron gets rid of sluggishness and makes my check engine light go off. The truck has a 5 cylinder 3.7l engine which is kind of an oddball to begin with.

I bought a motorcycle back in April that sat for most of the last 6 years. It would start ok, but would pop, backfire, sneeze and run like crap in general . I dumped most of the old gas out of the tank, and at the first fill-up I used half a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and some MMO. It took about 50 miles if riding, and it started to run a world better. And every fill-up I dump more injector cleaner in it. I believe it helped clean out any varnish that had formed in the fuel system. The bike said it was getting 45 mpg, so To me it was worth the trouble and the money.,,

Top Tier Gas is already treated with approved detergent additives at the correct concentration which adequately clean the fuel system from tank all the way to injectors and also help to prevent carbon build in combustion chamber.

At the refinery where base gas is produced they also add additives like antioxidants and corrosion inhibitors.

I have never used any fuel or injector cleaners. The reason is, how do I know if there's not going to be any adverse chemical reaction with proprietary detergent chemicals already added to gasoline at correct concentration.
I see where you are coming from, I have used techron, stp, super tech, etc.... I no longer use any of them, my reasoning is I fill up with top tier gas from Phillips 66 or Shell so I cannot see adding more cleaner to the tank being beneficial in any way, I've seen a lot of claims about restoring horsepower, but I find it very hard to believe that an over priced bottle of God knows what will bring back horsepower, the better bet would be to figure out why the car is lacking power & fix the issue, plus using these cleaners could actually cause fuel pumps to fail prematurely in some cases, use good quality gas & forget about bottles of fake miracles is the best advice to give someone planning to waste their money.

Only time I needed a fuel injector cleaner additive was when I was a Sam's Club member and using their gas, back in '04-'07. My employer gave employees a Sam's membership. Using Sam's gas my Trailblazer developed an intermittent stutter while idling. A bottle of Techron would clear it right up for a while, maybe two tankfuls, then the rough idle would begin again, requiring another bottle of Techron. Then Top Tier gas came to be and I started using Shell gas, no more need for the Techron. Then in 2017 the Kroger I go to installed gas pumps and I've been using their gas ever since. No need for Techron with Kroger's gas either. Idles perfectly. Same now 20 year old Chevy Trailblazer with the 4.2L I6.

I only use it for vehicles that I do not know the history off, or for something that sits for extended periods.

Do I notice a difference? Not really.

Other than that I like to vary where I get my gas from, As long as they are all top tier. I figure each brand has a different chemistry.

My favorites are Costco, Mobil, Shell, Chevron, Marathon, and lately have been trying Citgo and Holiday as thru are top tier now was well.

gotta cheep machine. Any problems snap an injector in. Push the button. Observe results
as it works. Just put the 8 for the 4 cyl drag car in. Now I see what the problem was 8^0

7040112_bry_0116_pri_larg.jpg

Back