Fuch titan race pro 5w40 oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys & ladies
Long time lurker finally decided to get in on the action.
Ive learnt quite alot reading these forums, im abit ocd with oil changes and takeing care of my car in general. So i think im at the right place.

Anyway this i for my renault twingo RS 133
Its a 1.6 NA 4 cylinder currently sitting at 86,000miles
This was my first ester oil ive used since owning the car and i could defitatly tell a little diffrence in idle and overall responsiveness

The test was conducted bye mullercare here in the UK.
3000miles on this oil
Oil used fuchs titan race pro 5w40
Vicosity@100° - 11.89cst
[email protected]° g/ml - 0.864
Fuel dilution - 0.9%
TBN mgkoh/g 7.26
Zinc - 0.099
Calcium - 0.266
Cr- 1
Pb- 1
Ni- 1
Sn- 0
B- 270
Fe- 17
Mo- 6
Si- 9
V- 0
Al- 12
Cu- 5
Na- 4

Action/diagnostic
The vicosity is now a w30 grade due to cautionary fuel dilution
Wear metals levels are satisfactory we would advise resample in 6000miles.

Now from what can gather from this is the fuel dilution is affecting the viscosty grade quite rapidly really this oil starts around 14.9cst, which after 3000 miles wasnt expecting to see. The TBN still loojs great but was worried about the high boron im assumeing this is the additives in the oil.
Doesnt seem too bad overall imo but what do you experts make of it. Should i stay at changing oil every 3000 miles due to the viscosty reduceing that low ?

Last edited:
On the analiysis sheet i got with the report it states for engines only, "from heavy bunker type diesel fuels" so its not really applical to my engine anyway just whats on the grath i got.

just imagine how thin the PUSHED xxW20 oils in the USA would be. thats the plus of using higher viscosity oils, they all thin depending on the application + todays direct injection makes things worse!!!

The cars are renowed for been very tempermental when cold and it stinks of unburnt fuel when warming up. I guess it doesnt help my journy to work been only a few miles. But it does get thrashed often, hard not to really as its a very rev happy engine. I drained the fuchs so we'll never know how it fairs with a few more miles on it. Ive now gone for motul sport ester 5w40 camecup cheapish so ill get another sample on this and go from there.
Wont the xw20 oils be ideal in cold climates i guess the temps vary alot in the usa depending which state your in. But wouldnt fancy running something that thin in florida for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back