Fuchs Titan Pro S (Ester) 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I always used Fuchs GT1 Titan XTL 5w30 in my previous car (bmw e60 530xd, diesel), it works very well (I bought it when it has 58000km and I sold it with 550000km)
Now I have a BMW 535i (Benzin engine) and I'm looking for a good oil which will provide me the best engine protection over the fuel economy. I don't care about consumption.

I'm watching the Valvoline MST 5w40 or 5w30, the Castrol 0w40 LL01, BMW Original M TwinTurbo 0w40 oil, and Fuchs GT1 Titan XTL 5w40. All seems to be very good for my engine.

I found now this Fuchs Titan Pro S (Ester) 5w40 also known as :
Fuchs Pro S 5w-40
Fuchs ester synthetic 5w-40 oil
Fuchs Pro S motorsport engine oil
Fuchs Pro S competition engine oil
Silkolene Pro Race 5w-40 oi
Silkolene Pro S competition engine oil

Here the specs :

Evaporation Loss 6.6% | 250°C
HTHS Viscosity 4.07cP | 150°C
CCS Viscosity 6500cP | -30°C
Pour Point -51°C
Viscosity Index 169
K Viscosity 100°C 14.89cSt
K Viscosity 40°C 92.4cSt

The specs look awesome !

What dou you think about this oil ?
It seems to be sell only in UK (not a promblem for me I live in Europe in Germany)

Last edited:
For an N54/N55 engine, NOACK / volatility/ evaporative loss is a critical element. GTL and ester-based oils seem to excel in this. He oil you chose seems to be a good option.

The question will become of fuel dilution from the DI benzin will damage the oil and affect protection. In the US we don't run lean stratified charge the way yours is probably tuned, so you would really need to run the oil and pull a sample for a few UOAs.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Sehr gut! Hard to argue against that one. How many km's on the 535?

wink.gif
hallo alles güt
It has 67000km

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
For an N54/N55 engine, NOACK / volatility/ evaporative loss is a critical element. GTL and ester-based oils seem to excel in this. He oil you chose seems to be a good option.

The question will become of fuel dilution from the DI benzin will damage the oil and affect protection. In the US we don't run lean stratified charge the way yours is probably tuned, so you would really need to run the oil and pull a sample for a few UOAs.

So which one do you advise me ?

Fuchs are a very good company and effectively own Liqui Moly. They are more of a refiner than an oil mixer, but the oils they do make are very good, although they are best known for their commercial vehicle rather than cars oils.
Like all the major engine oil producers their web site has an oil finder page that will recommend which oil they think suits your particular engine.
For some reason many car owners prefer to ask others for an opinion about which oil to use, rather than checking out their own cars handbook and using the oil finder guide pages of the different engine oil companies. I can never understand why they do that, as it can easily result in an incorrect decision.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Fuchs are a very good company and effectively own Liqui Moly. They are more of a refiner than an oil mixer, but the oils they do make are very good, although they are best known for their commercial vehicle rather than cars oils.
Like all the major engine oil producers their web site has an oil finder page that will recommend which oil they think suits your particular engine.
For some reason many car owners prefer to ask others for an opinion about which oil to use, rather than checking out their own cars handbook and using the oil finder guide pages of the different engine oil companies. I can never understand why they do that, as it can easily result in an incorrect decision.

I think it's result of nonsense about many things from car manufacturer.
IE : the long oil interval change, it's for me an anti-mechanical thing.

Originally Posted By: Kaiser
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Sehr gut! Hard to argue against that one. How many km's on the 535?

wink.gif
hallo alles güt
It has 67000km

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

So which one do you advise me ?

You found an oil with a 6.6% NOACK. I don't think you can go wrong with the ester oil you mentioned!

On this same russian forum they did two oil analysis for the Fuchs Titan GT1 XTL 5w30
The first test gave a NOACK of 6,6% and the second gave a NOACK of 10%

Why ? There is two formulations for the same oil ?

On this same russian forum they did two oil analysis for the Fuchs Titan GT1 XTL 5w30
The first test gave a NOACK of 6,6% and the second gave a NOACK of 10%

Why ? There is two formulations for the same oil ?

Maybe there was a formula change?

ok I see.
On your BMW, are you happy with the Valvoline 5w40 MST ?
I'm hesitating now between these oils :
- Fuchs Titan GT1 XTL 5w40
- Valvoline MST 5w40
- Mobil 1 0w40

ok I see.
On your BMW, are you happy with the Valvoline 5w40 MST ?
I'm hesitating now between these oils :
- Fuchs Titan GT1 XTL 5w40
- Valvoline MST 5w40
- Mobil 1 0w40

I would go with M1 0W40. Reason I do not use M1 0W40 is that here in the US we do not have M1 0W40 ESP that meets LL-04 spec.
Valvoline is good, no issues whatsoever. But I am just trying it since it was on sale, usually I use Mobil1 5W30 ESP and will switch back to M1 5W30 ESP during winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back