Frozen Wiper Reservoir Container

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Wow..nasty. it makes sense that you need authorization but I dont think its only an under 18 problem...always found it weird when buying random things in the USA that it would require cashier to "ok" it. Doesnt happen up here.

I guess they figure if your over 18 and choose to drink chateau de blue flash that's your business.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
What are these mystical products and strange numbers you talk of?

You're talking in riddles!

22*=22 degrees F*
9*=9 degrees F*
shocked.gif

I think I will try the RAIN-X product.
All of this recent winter wonderland caught me off guard. In my original post, I didn't mean to insult anyone's intelligence. I was just giving a tip and not to be like me. D'OH! <~~My Homer Simpson impression

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

22*=22 degrees F*
9*=9 degrees F*
shocked.gif

It was 6 degrees here yesterday and 10 degrees today. I think tonight it's going to be - 1 degrees and all those temps are without the wind chill factor.

For anyone in need of washer fluid Ace Hardware (at least in my area) has a sale on Peak brand -25°F stuff for 99¢ per gallon with rewards card. Good through Jan 31.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

22*=22 degrees F*
9*=9 degrees F*
shocked.gif

It was 6 degrees here yesterday and 10 degrees today. I think tonight it's going to be - 1 degrees and all those temps are without the wind chill factor.

Don't y'all have basements in your neck of the woods, with a furnace down there? If so, are they very efficient?
-1*.......You just as well be in Siberia!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Saleen0679
For anyone in need of washer fluid Ace Hardware (at least in my area) has a sale on Peak brand -25°F stuff for 99¢ per gallon with rewards card. Good through Jan 31.

Thank You! I spent $1.78 + tax at WM today. I could have bought 2 at ACE for that price.
BTW, during the summer when the love bugs come out I mix the blue stuff 50/50 with water. Besides the love bugs, I never use it, just water, until they come back again, or when Winter gets here.

Originally Posted By: Delta
I think the problem is finding the colder weather stuff in the South.

I suppose it would be hard to justify keeping the -45 stuff on the shelves in a lot of places. But, it would be nice to have if heck froze over and you needed it.
wink.gif

What Snagglefoot has in his picture is common here, too, of course. But, I've seen the blue -30 to -35 stuff freeze here in the reservoir, too, so something better doesn't hurt.

I run the "good" blue stuff year round. It's not that expensive. You do have to watch you don't buy the cheap blue stuff, I think it's little more than water with blue dye.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Delta
I think the problem is finding the colder weather stuff in the South.

I suppose it would be hard to justify keeping the -45 stuff on the shelves in a lot of places. But, it would be nice to have if heck froze over and you needed it.
wink.gif

What Snagglefoot has in his picture is common here, too, of course. But, I've seen the blue -30 to -35 stuff freeze here in the reservoir, too, so something better doesn't hurt.

Garak, are you a service tech up there, Ay?
wink.gif

I bet when it gets cold up yonder y'all have to block the radiator fins, and things along that line, huh? What's the average temperature there? Did you see that Niagra Falls froze over? Is that near you?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

It's OK-the really good stuff is illegal in California.

To buy windshield washer fluid at Walmart, the cashier has to verify you are at least 18.

WHY ? !? ? !??

They're putting the "Meth" into methanol?

Don't y'all have basements in your neck of the woods, with a furnace down there? If so, are they very efficient?
shocked.gif

Negative 2 this morning at 8am, with a feels like of negative 22. Luckily I didn't have to leave the house til later when it was 9. Car has been starting fine and on the first try. I've been keeping the radio off and as of yesterday the heat off in the car for short trips to help the battery a little. Now turns over even faster. And the engine gets to temperature much, much faster with the heat off. I will only do this when it's clear out and not snowing.

Yes, we have basements and seems to be efficient enough, I forget the percentage at the moment. Sunday will warm to 30 and later in the week in the mid 40's. Can't wait for that Mr. Cajun Man!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
shocked.gif

Negative 2 this morning at 8am, with a feels like of negative 22. Luckily I didn't have to leave the house til later when it was 9. Car has been starting fine and on the first try. I've been keeping the radio off and as of yesterday the heat off in the car for short trips to help the battery a little. Now turns over even faster. And the engine gets to temperature much, much faster with the heat off. I will only do this when it's clear out and not snowing.

Yes, we have basements and seems to be efficient enough, I forget the percentage at the moment. Sunday will warm to 30 and later in the week in the mid 40's. Can't wait for that Mr. Cajun Man!
smile.gif

We had a heat wave today; 61*!
grin.gif

I like that title, "Mr. Cajun Man!"

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
I run the "good" blue stuff year round. It's not that expensive. You do have to watch you don't buy the cheap blue stuff, I think it's little more than water with blue dye.

Ironically, in the taxis, we'd run water in the summer to save money, of course. You know how spring can be, and rains, with a vehicle driving around the clock. Of course, when winter hit, we'd switch.

wink.gif

I bet when it gets cold up yonder y'all have to block the radiator fins, and things along that line, huh? What's the average temperature there? Did you see that Niagra Falls froze over? Is that near you?

No, but I've turned enough wrenches in my time. Blocking the radiator and all that sort of thing used to be a lot more common than it is now. Or, at least the vehicles I've driven lately have needed less babying in the cold to be at operating temperature. I've had the F-150 with and without a winter front, and it doesn't make a lot of difference with it. It still can cook me out of there, no matter how cold outside, and I love the heat. The G37 does well in the cold, too. So, I don't bother so much with winter fronts, but I will use a block heater, oil pan heater, and/or permanent mount charger, as the case may be. The heated garage means I've never even plugged the G37 in, though.

Niagara falls is a ways away, but we had our share of cold this year. We hit close to -40 just recently, but it went above freezing today and yesterday, so go figure!

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

No, but I've turned enough wrenches in my time. Blocking the radiator and all that sort of thing used to be a lot more common than it is now. Or, at least the vehicles I've driven lately have needed less babying in the cold to be at operating temperature. I've had the F-150 with and without a winter front, and it doesn't make a lot of difference with it. It still can cook me out of there, no matter how cold outside, and I love the heat. The G37 does well in the cold, too. So, I don't bother so much with winter fronts, but I will use a block heater, oil pan heater, and/or permanent mount charger, as the case may be. The heated garage means I've never even plugged the G37 in, though.

Niagara falls is a ways away, but we had our share of cold this year. We hit close to -40 just recently, but it went above freezing today and yesterday, so go figure!

Sorry about all of the Q?'s, but y'all are our great neighbors up yonder.
Changing the subject just a bit, but have you ever heard of CRUSOE THE CELEBRITY DACHSHUND? He lives in Ontario and his brother Oakley belongs to Crusoe's owners parents in Toronto. I love Dachshunds and CRUSOE is the best! Check out his/their status and videos.
WARNING! Be prepared to have sore stomach muscles from laughing so hard!
crackmeup2.gif

http://www.celebritydachshund.com

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

It's OK-the really good stuff is illegal in California.

You can still buy it in CA - I see it once I leave the Sacramento/Folsom/Roseville area towards Tahoe.

I bought the CARB-banned stuff at a WM near Concord, CA once.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back