Grand Marquis Ls 98 wiper motor

Certainly seems like the motor. Anytime a motor goes "bad" I suppose it could take out some wiring with it. I'd say start with a new motor & see what happens. You may want to report your post so that a mod can move this in the Vehicle section & not the passenger car oil forum. Thanks for letting us know your progress.
Well, thanks everyone for your comments, I already changed the wiper motor for a new one, and that was all, now everything is working normal in the intermittent, low, and hi speeds, also returning to park, so no problems with switch or module. Happy time. Regards Friend!

Well, thanks everyone for your comments, I already changed the wiper motor for a new one, and that was all, now everything is working normal in the intermittent, low, and hi speeds, also returning to park, so no problems with switch or module. Happy time. Regards Friend!
Success! Thanks for coming back here to tell us what the outcome was.

The switch stalks from FoMoCo of that era were notorious for failing internally. And since the functionality has decreased incrementally over time, that's what I would look at first. Should be a cheap part, and not difficult to change.
Those are easy to refurbish. Torx bit to open, lying flat on a workbench so you see where the parts go, remove the (very few) parts, clean the hardened old grease off the contacts, polish the contacts back to shiny copper, put new dielectric grease on them, and Bob's Yer Uncle.

Using minimal materials to clean it, could just use cotton swabs and brasso, though it's faster to get the old hardened grease out with brake clean or gasoline, etc petroleum solvent.

Do not take the washer/wiper rotary controls off the end of the stalk unless you have a towel or whatever over it, to capture the loaded spring and detent piece that flies out.

Back