Front Wheel hubs

Any input on front wheel hub assembly. Toyoata tundra with 250K on it and chasing some front end issues. Need to replace calipers and was thinking of doing wheel hubs also . Seems to be some mixed reviews on aftermarket hub assembly's. Dorman and TRQ are the 2 i was looking at

Dorman is absolutely junk don’t do it. Is TRW what you mean? They have been pretty good from my experience. Something like this might be worth going OEM on though. SKF makes good products too. Honestly I wouldn’t replace it as a preemptive measure though.

Timken on my avalanche. Price oe ones at the dealer just to see how much they are.
I think mine were like $130 each.

I would not go cheap unless you dont mind taking it apart again.

Any input on front wheel hub assembly. Toyoata tundra with 250K on it and chasing some front end issues. Need to replace calipers and was thinking of doing wheel hubs also . Seems to be some mixed reviews on aftermarket hub assembly's. Dorman and TRQ are the 2 i was looking at
TRQ (Trusted Reliable Quality) and Dorman are both trash. Use OE or SKF, Timken are hit and miss these days.

I've always had good luck with Napa Proformer. They cost more but warranty is a straight exchange same day if there's an issue. I realize they are probably made by Timkin or similar though.

did a little more research and it appears that koyo is the oem bearing supplier and also makes the timken ones. it looks like I can buy the Koyo bearing and reuse my old hub. Will need to press the new bearing on so hopefully it comes apart ok will let you know how it turns out

08 Tundra here. Been looking at full assemblies too. Too bad they're are none of quality. Pressing them seems to be the only way if you want a Timken / SKF / Koro bearing

Back