Friends star Matthew Perry passes Age 54

Hermann

Site Donor 2023

RIP

What a shame. Seemed like a good dude.

*Not saying this is necessarily what happened* but drownings in hot tubs are not that uncommon. Stand up, get light-headed and pass out back in the water. Blood vessels dilate in the hot water and blood pressure drops(?). Something like that.

I had this almost happen in Iceland. Was in a thermal pool for about 45 minutes then got out to use the bathroom. Made it about 5 steps and basically collapsed. Was in my 30s and fit. Can probably happen to anyone.

Addictions/drug dependencies/depression are insidious demons to deal with, I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a monkey on your back 7/24. This is someone who hung out presumably with wealthy, educated people, told his story of pain in a book and on national TV yet he could not get help?

What a shame. Seemed like a good dude.

*Not saying this is necessarily what happened* but drownings in hot tubs are not that uncommon. Stand up, get light-headed and pass out back in the water. Blood vessels dilate in the hot water and blood pressure drops(?). Something like that.

I had this almost happen in Iceland. Was in a thermal pool for about 45 minutes then got out to use the bathroom. Made it about 5 steps and basically collapsed. Was in my 30s and fit. Can probably happen to anyone.
Alcohol exacerbates those effects too.

I feel there is an underlying symptom of being unable to cope with 'being famous'

And I am not articulating that correctly. They aren't accepting of the fact that they are talented, or worthy of being accepted.

I feel there is an underlying symptom of being unable to cope with 'being famous'

And I am not articulating that correctly. They aren't accepting of the fact that they are talented, or worthy of being accepted.
Also the fact that they can never live a normal life again. No going out shopping in a crowd and blending in. Always being recognized and or approached. Maybe forced to be more reclusive.

Are the colonoscopy bags waterproof when submerged in a hot tub or jacuzzi?
Do you suppose the bag was disconnected prior to entering the jacuzzi?
BTW.... I have absolutely no knowledge on wearing one of those.
RIP Matthew! I liked your work on the short-lived TV Show remake of Odd Couple.

My Intuition tells me Mr. Perry passed out and died pretty quickly - almost instantly. It will be interesting to find out if his lungs were filled with water and actual death was drowning. He may have died from a heart attack in that jacuzzi.

I am not always correct BTW. Sometimes Lately, I have difficulty in reading my own inner self's info gatherings.
Must be old age settling in and too many whites instead of reds making home inside my head.

Last edited:
Addictions/drug dependencies/depression are insidious demons to deal with, I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a monkey on your back 7/24. This is someone who hung out presumably with wealthy, educated people, told his story of pain in a book and on national TV yet he could not get help?
From a different excerpt he said he didn't want people to know. It didn't really hit him till one daybon set Jennifer Anniston tapped him on the shoulder and said "We all know you're inebriated. "

I wish that scientists doctors etc could Identify an "addiction " gene or figure out why some go off the rails. I had an english teacher in high school that smoked for 10-15 years. She up and decided to quit, no patch, no therapy nada.

Back