Free Property Use To Expand A Bridge

The solar company could act in less than 30 days. They are offering $3000 a usable acre lease over 40 years but that is negotiable. I figure 23-24 acres are usable

I haven't got the cash offer yet. I like both ideas as I have another house project to do.

So many hassles over this land that I'm ready to let it go.
I’d take that with an escalation rate plus a re-evaluation of tax rates clause in there.

Cash is king....agreed
Sorry - edit $3000 indexed to inflation 40 years ago would equate to $1000 in 1984. That include 15 years of basically no inflation - at least by BEA measures.

Any contract that is to last that long needs to be indexed to some inflation number?

Sorry - edit $3000 indexed to inflation 40 years ago would equate to $1000 in 1984. That include 15 years of basically no inflation - at least by BEA measures.

Any contract that is to last that long needs to be indexed to some inflation number?
I'm thinking free electricity if I stay there..lol

I just received a certified letter from the county engineering works.
They want to use a section of my 30 acre property for a work area for 1 year exactly for absolutely no compensation. They are giving me 5 days to notarize the papers and won't even flip a dime for the notary.

That area will be planted as well (crop area)
I really don't need anything and the bridge is in fine condition so it's not a plus for me.

I think they could if anything pay the property taxes for the year... seriously...

What say you?
Tell them no trespassing, paint the fence Purple for no hunting, and decline them access.

Back