FRAM XG7317 question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming that the wear metals are more damaging than dirt and foreign material

[/quote]
Dirt = silicon, because dirt is full of silicon.
Silicon is very abrasive and might be the worst sort of particles to have in your oil.
Silicon is also the most abundant element in the Earth's crust next to oxygen.
That's why there are air filters because airborne dust full of silica and is very bad.
First and foremost you should focus on air filtration.
Don't expect an oil filter to do the job of filtering dirt as

Originally Posted by rshaw125
You're wasting a lot of oil and filters.

Wouldn't be surprised the future of that engine is oil consumption and an ulcer for the owner..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pinoak

"Fram Ultra Guard filter, it is 99 percent efficient at 20 microns. At 10 microns its 94 percent efficient

Hmm... Let's see the data to support that. I won't wait up because I already know it dosent exist.
Good laugh though...†

Here you go, sleep well. Jay wouldn't have said it in print if it wasn't factual, since that would expose the company and/or himself to legal issues if it were false:

Just for you Pinoak

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by Pinoak

"Fram Ultra Guard filter, it is 99 percent efficient at 20 microns. At 10 microns its 94 percent efficient

Hmm... Let's see the data to support that. I won't wait up because I already know it dosent exist.
Good laugh though...†

Here you go, sleep well. Jay wouldn't have said it in print if it wasn't factual, since that would expose the company and/or himself to legal issues if it were false:

Just for you Pinoak

That's not data. Fram has never put that info out. Anybody can write an article claiming anything.

If you don't believe the guy who was hired to be an official rep for the product, and is on this board (but now under a noncompete for awhile)... then I don't know what to tell you.

I am interested, however, at what filter you use since you seem so hung up on efficiency claims in writing. Who makes a BETTER filter than what Fram has actually shown data on?

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
If you don't believe the guy who was hired to be an official rep for the product, and is on this board (but now under a noncompete for awhile)... then I don't know what to tell you.

I am interested, however, at what filter you use since you seem so hung up on efficiency claims in writing. Who makes a BETTER filter than what Fram has actually shown data on?

Show me the data. That's what people always say on here do show me the data not just words.

Put a magnet on the filter. See what you catch.

I've got a pretty wicked rzr turbo myself It sheds iron like crazy between 20 and 30lb of boost - big fun though.

UD

Last edited:
If those run the turbo hot enough to glow cherry red, they will need the best oil money can buy, changed all the time, and maybe even a post-turbo EGT probe to make sure the turbo has cooled off to avoid coking. Sounds like racing level oil abuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back