Fram Ultras Discontinued?

I was in advanced auto the other day. The only ones they had were , Fram Force ,Fram Titanium ,Xtra Guard and the standard orange can. The guy said they did away with the Ultra.
Yes, Advance Auto replaced the Ultra with the TItanium a few years ago, although the Titatnium is just Advance's own version of the Ultra with teardrop shaped inlet holes and grippy paint on the entire can but same internals.

Yes, Advance Auto replaced the Ultra with the TItanium a few years ago, although the Titatnium is just Advance's own version of the Ultra with teardrop shaped inlet holes and grippy paint on the entire can but same internals.
Not necessarily-some Titaniums are wire backed (good), some are not (IMO not as good). Need to look before you buy them...

Maybe they are tiring of the negative feedback and will revert back to producing the OG
Yeah, I think that would be great, but wishful thinking at this point, imo. Most folks buying filters at WM have no idea what the element/media looks like. I don't see First Brands changing back to OG media for the minority that do.

As for the mentioned AAP Titanium, as I saw on the FS7317 last November, the change from OG to current non-wire backed Ultra media had started. I have no reason to think others won't follow suit as inventory moves. If wanting the OG media, bring a light to look for wire backing.

To recent notification point, iirc there was another specific application that had the similar "use till inventory depleted." notice. 3593a iirc, very close to the 9688 application.

Fram Ultra Guard are they discontinued? Walmart marking them down. Crossed several filters on Fram site. No Ultras came up.
Hi ChevyC10,
I was in my local Walmart yesterday and they had plenty of Ultras at their normal prices. No signs of discontinuation at this point in my local store. I'll keep a look out!

The Ultra was supposed to be their top line filter but with the Endurance that seems to be not the case. Maybe First Brands should call it the Ultra Endurance and make the transition clearer.

Picked this up at A.A.P.. Looked with flashlight and can see the wire . Used other TITANIUM with similar date .

IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1901.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG

Walmart.com has my former favorite XG10575 at regular price …
FE10575 is $2 more for a much better made filter …

I just purchased a Endurance for 12.55 yesterday. Very nice looking filter . Similar to the amsoil one. 99% @ 20m

Minor necro bump: I was at Meijer the other day getting a filter for my car and saw all the Ultra Guards marked as clearance, which is generally a sign something has been discontinued. Ended up switching back to a Motorcraft filter (I own a Ford). Their (Fram's) website doesn't have the UG that my car uses marked as 'use until inventory is depleted', though.

Back