Oil filters at Walmart are getting expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember just 2-3 years ago the Extra Guards being about $4, the Tough Guards being $6, & the Ultras being $8. With these prices, I usually buy my filters from Rural King, or order a few at a time from eBay. Prime Guards are $2.99, & the Fram Ultras are $8.99 at Rural King.
IMG_9803.jpeg
IMG_9805.jpeg

I have a whole stash of eBay filters I recently bought as the prices keep going up. AC Delco Ultraguard PF63, Ecogard S2500, Premium Guard PG2500EX, & a Fram Ultra XG10575. Good for 2 years now. The Ecogards are the best value. They can be had for $6.40 with free shipping. I bought mine a month ago for $5.54 from the same seller.

Yeah, there are other value filters out there these days that are more competitive than Fram. But it depends on which filter too.

I remember just 2-3 years ago the Extra Guards being about $4, the Tough Guards being $6, & the Ultras being $8. With these prices, I usually buy my filters from Rural King, or order a few at a time from eBay. Prime Guards are $2.99, & the Fram Ultras are $8.99 at Rural King.
View attachment 198890View attachment 198891
Everything is getting to cost more... Inflation over the past 3 to 4 years.....

View attachment 198890View attachment 198891
The XG10575 after 10k … not in don’t worry - be happy camp
IMG_8618.jpeg

The XG10575 after 10k … not in don’t worry - be happy campView attachment 198896

Thanks for posting this image. Over 10k too much for this filter. I've been using the XG in a 12 RAV4 2.5 for 6k and they look perfect. I am likely moving to 7500 OCI in that vehicle and am interested to see how the filter holds up. Yota 2.5 in this vehicle is not hard on oil. What engine is the pic associated with?

Thanks for posting this image. Over 10k too much for this filter. I've been using the XG in a 12 RAV4 2.5 for 6k and they look perfect. I am likely moving to 7500 OCI in that vehicle and am interested to see how the filter holds up. Yota 2.5 in this vehicle is not hard on oil. What engine is the pic associated with?
Sadly it’s half the rating with an oil change midway - and a very clean engine that’s run mostly 70% PAO well under OLM …
Not sure if the media is trying to expand - but is confined ?

Wow, is that in the US? Last time I looked at filters in store TGs were 7, Ultras 9 and I bought an Endurance for 12 something. It wasn’t that long ago. 😮

When I bought my wifes Mazda CX-5, I also got a deal on 7 Mazda OEM filters (around $5 each.) She only has 1534 miles on car, so haven't even done first oil change yet, plan to this weekend. I also bought a few filters besides the OEM filters. Have 13 in stash. LOL

Plan to use OEM until they are gone. Maybe get a few more to get me to warranty. Then use the rest of them every 5K.

Supertech may get my business after that on filters. Not sure yet.

I was floored when I recently saw Motorcraft FL1A's at Walmart for over $12 each. I remember buying them not long ago for under $5. I am considering running filters for two changes because I am too cheap.

I had a similar experience last time I was in there to get a filter for my F-150... I was accustomed to them being $3.99. I still bought one because that was literally the only PH-8A sized filter they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back