Oil filters at Walmart are getting expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRAM used to be the El Cheapo filter, but (in my mind) they've now priced themselves out of the market.

I've taken to researching filters and cutting my oil filters open (after use) to have a look see.
I have no issues with using the SuperTech filters.

FRAM used to be the El Cheapo filter, but (in my mind) they've now priced themselves out of the market.

I've taken to researching filters and cutting my oil filters open (after use) to have a look see.
I have no issues with using the SuperTech filters.
The Prime Guards at Rural King are the go to for cheap filters now. Only $2.99 & they seem to be a good filter for that price.

Your right. I just looked up filters I usually buy there. I have Walmart+, so next time I buy a Walmart filter, I’ll order off the app.
It's not just oil filters either. Lots of other stuff at WalMart is cheaper when ordered online. Not everything, just some things. You have to check everything. I suspect that if Amazon sells it, WalMart matches it online if you buy it from WalMart online.

Got to watch out with Amazon too. I heard of people getting dented filters from them. Apparently they’re just shipping the filters in a sealed bag & not a box. I look at the pictures before buying filters from eBay. If they only use a stock photo, I won’t buy it.
I’ve been ordering Ultras from Amazon for many years. All have come boxed and the lid sealed with circular tape.

So is food at the grocery store and the cost of eating out....welcome to inflation....
There’s this little mom & pop breakfast/lunch place I go to, where you can still get a meal for $8-$9. The inside hasn’t been remodeled since the 70s, with wood paneling & window a/c units, but the food is cheap & good. Restaurant is tucked into an area with small warehouses & mechanic shops, & unless you’re a local you’d never know it’s there.

I noticed the AC-Delco PF63s were over $9 at WalMart yesterday. They under $9 at the local GMC/Kia dealer. The AC-Delco section is greatly reduced and the Hyundai/Kia branded filters were gone. Did see one Suburu and a Toyota branded filter.

Got to watch out with Amazon too. I heard of people getting dented filters from them. Apparently they’re just shipping the filters in a sealed bag & not a box. I look at the pictures before buying filters from eBay. If they only use a stock photo, I won’t buy it.

This is true. Ordered a PF66 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Came in a bag and was dented. They didn't want it back so I did a C&P on it.

I haven't bought single filter in store for years, just keep buying them from RA, Mann for Kia in 10-12 pack at a time, switched to Champ XL for Acura after last batch of defective Bosch filters, usually 4 at a time. When combining order with other stuff it's making everything cheap even after shipping cost and exchange. I do ship to my US mailbox thou, lucky to live 5mi from border.

Check out your local dealers! I have a local Toyota dealer that has an online coupon for a little over $4 bucks per oil filter. Otherwise, the regular super techs seem to be less than $4 for a lot of applications.

Everything is getting to cost more... Inflation over the past 3 to 4 years.....
They’re just going to artificially drive up the prices on everything needed to operate and maintain ICEs until people throw up their hands, sell their vehicles, shake their fists at the sky, and climb their now-captive rear ends onto public transportation or into an EV, either of which are not fully controlled by the user.

Central planners of the 15-minute cities despise personal vehicles and the relative chaos of people being able to go where they want, whenever they want.

I buy all my filters from rockauto.

Champ XLs for about $4. Next filters I want to try are the Premium Guard units that go for mid $4s...but I got to burn up my stash first
I like to do a visual exam on the filters I buy before laying down the cash. Rockauto is a mystery as far as filters are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back