Fram Ultras Discontinued?

Fram Ultra Guard are they discontinued? Walmart marking them down. Crossed several filters on Fram site. No Ultras came up.

I’m not seeing any indications that they are discounting them. They are listed on Fram’s website, their part finder displays them, and they are regularly priced on Walmart.com. Maybe your local store is trying to move some old stock.

Fram Ultra Guard are they discontinued? Walmart marking them down. Crossed several filters on Fram site. No Ultras came up.
I’m not seeing any indications that they are discounting them. They are listed on Fram’s website, their part finder displays them, and they are regularly priced on Walmart.com. Maybe your local store is trying to move some old stock.
I used Fram parts finder. The Ultra did not come up for any vehicle I searched. There are Ultra filters for those vehicles in the past.

Fram parts finder popped the 7317 up in every flavor for my Nissan. Walmart.com lists them all for sale as well.

Its possible your store is clearing out old stock or low runners, or maybe they eventually only want to stock the Endurance - would make sense to not have 4 different Fram in each size.

What vehicle or filter number are we talking about?

I sent a really long email to fram technical services. explain that we got a car running a lot of highway and using synthetic oil from M1 EP to Redline and asked if I needed to go up to their new premium line. he essentially told me that there was no reason for me to move up and that if I was staying with the tough guard or the fram ultra that I would be perfectly fine especially since the filters I bought were before the changeover. I had informed him of my performance drain plug as well as dry flow air filter and got a solid response that keeping dirt out is the biggest thing I got going for me. I will continue to use up all the tough guard and ultra and then see where I am at is I have around 15 filters left to use. if I decided to go with the Walmart 20,000 mile filter does anyone know that that number and if I decided to go the Royal purple filter route does anyone know that number? thank you

Reactions: hrv
I stumbled across this a few minutes ago on Fram's website. Appears that either they're going to be discontinued, replaced or part of a marketing re-shuffle?

Untitled-47.jpg

I was in advanced auto the other day. The only ones they had were , Fram Force ,Fram Titanium ,Xtra Guard and the standard orange can. The guy said they did away with the Ultra.

Back