Fram Ultra synthetic two 5k mile OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will come on here and tell you to spend the few bucks and replace the filter. That it's cheap insurance, and if you're going to do an oil change then you should go ahead and change the filter.

The reality is, you'll be fine. Go ahead and leave it on for 10k miles.

Thank you both for the quick reply. I like the filters and I feel a lot more confident with the filter on for 2 OCI then 2 $4 filters

I've running an Ultra right now on 2x 6,000 mile oil changes for a total of 12K on the filter. Will cut it open and post photos in about 2K miles.

Looking forward to it. I have a feeling it will turn out well. I have nothing against Fram. But I'm also not a huge fan of theirs. I believe every company makes a economical (cheap) and premium quality items.

^^^ I judge the Ultra by what it is, not by the name painted on the side of the can. Guys who are long time Fram haters are missing out on a great top tier oil filter IMO.

I have run a filter out to the normal interval but changed the oil half way on many occasions.

The Pathfinder has a recommended OCI of 18k and i tend to change at 5/6k, though this year i left it longer as it was nearer 10k.

I have done the same thing on the Clio and the Jag.

As i mentioned the only caveat is i never exceed the factory oci on the filter.

I also try to stick with the same brand oil.

Not sure it makes it any difference, almost certainly doesn't, but i sleep easier.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ I judge the Ultra by what it is, not by the name painted on the side of the can. Guys who are long time Fram haters are missing out on a great top tier oil filter IMO.

+1.....the best 'bang for the buck' in top-tier and long OCI filters.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
How is it a good bang-for-the-buck? The Ultra is an expensive filter.

Use it for 2x 7,500 mile OCIs or less and the cost per oil change is ~$5. Plus you can't really get a 99%+ efficiency at 20 microns or greater for $5 an OCI.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
The filters are rated at 15k miles. I like them think it would be alright to run two 5k mile changes on one? Its well below the 15k.

Read my signature!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It's rated for 15k with a safe margin already built in, so run it for 3x 5k OCI and cut it open and marvel at its beauty!

11h4gux.jpg

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
The filters are rated at 15k miles. I like them think it would be alright to run two 5k mile changes on one? Its well below the 15k.

Read my signature!

Dude....let it go.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Read my signature!

Dude....let it go.

Dude, it's my opinion. You have yours and I would respect it too, if you posted it.
BTW, it's kind of a joke with me too at this point. Where is your sense of humor?
34.gif

Dude, it's my opinion. You have yours and I would respect it too, if you posted it.
BTW, it's kind of a joke with me too at this point. Where is your sense of humor?
34.gif

It stopped being funny about 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back