Fram Ultra or Fram Endurance?

I'm thinking of running one these two filters on our 2016 Ford Fusion 2.0 ecoboost, filter would be 3614 unless I "upsized" which I haven't done on this car. I was planning on running the filter for two oil changes, roughly 10,000 to 12,000 miles. I'm leaning towards the Ultra for $9 vs. the Endurance $13. Is the extra $4 worth the wire backing? Any input is appreciated.

I'm thinking of running one these two filters on our 2016 Ford Fusion 2.0 ecoboost, filter would be 3614 unless I "upsized" which I haven't done on this car. I was planning on running the filter for two oil changes, roughly 10,000 to 12,000 miles. I'm leaning towards the Ultra for $9 vs. the Endurance $13. Is the extra $4 worth the wire backing? Any input is appreciated.
in my opinion based on the photos we’ve seen with all the wavy pleats coming out of the new ultras, i’d say the extra $4 is justified.

I’m not a fan of the new ultras but I’m sure it wouldn’t matter which one you use for 10k miles.

Either one should work. The ultra's have been coming out "wavy" on their pleats. You can run one & see if it happens.

Try out the donaldson p551132 if you want a fram 3614 filter comparable to an ultra/endurance that cost less and is better built. I cut one open new sample a few days ago here.

The Endurance is what the Ultra used to be and among the best filters you can buy for the money. Spend the extra $4 and sleep well for the next 10,000 to 12,000 miles.

Isn’t Wally still carrying Fram ultra for $10? M1 filter is $12. I am quoting for Honda vehicles.

Local Wallies don’t carry Endurance.

And does anyone running their filter or oil past 10k since we’re seems to aim for the best but not even tapping into the product’s advertised potential.

I am running Kirkland for whatever Honda’s oil minder says is 80% usage. I just clocked the mile so see if 50% means 5k miles yesterday as I never cross-check before and just start planning the OCI when the maintenance minder gets to 20%.

Back