FRAM Titanium FS7317 rust ?

I'm just amazed that a $13 Titanium can't outlast a $2 RA Champ because they can't be stopped from rusting! When the rust "bubbles" start forming under the paint, that's a warning to change it-catastrophic failure is imminent...

I'm just amazed that a $13 Titanium can't outlast a $2 RA Champ because they can't be stopped from rusting! When the rust "bubbles" start forming under the paint, that's a warning to change it-catastrophic failure is imminent...
Yup.. Time to move Fram back up to the top of the post.... :LOL: 🍿

This the ULTRA XG 7317 on the FIT that leaked . 1st filter with rust , now the FRAM Titanium FS7317 . May be done with FRAM .

View attachment 192075View attachment 192077View attachment 192079View attachment 192080

Forgot this photo .

IMG_3421.JPG

Reactions: twX
I should take a pic of the FS3600 under my engine once the rain subsides, its been wet all week here in the southern west coast.
Dry season is coming. Rainy months have passed. So far no rust other than white colored dry water stains on the bottom. Its been about 3 months since the filter install.
90% highway driving.
20240320_123716.jpg

Dry season is coming. Rainy months have passed. So far no rust other than white colored dry water stains on the bottom.
Was it exposed to wet salted roads, or just plain rainy soaked roads?

Was it exposed to wet salted roads, or just plain rainy soaked roads?
Just plain ol southern califonia highway roads. 100 miles daily on the interstate 60 and 10 from inland empire to los angeles.

Back