FRAM Titanium FS7317 rust ?

You could leave it on until April/May 2025 and that surface rust won't factor in.
Not sure I would bet an engine on it-the can isn't that thick, & high humidity+rust can get one leaking pretty quickly. If they're supposed to be good for a year/25K, that should include the paint too! Speaking as someone who has done ~20K miles & several years on an OG Ultra (XG3600 on the xB in my sig).

This the ULTRA XG 7317 on the FIT that leaked . 1st filter with rust , now the FRAM Titanium FS7317 . May be done with FRAM .

IMG_6851.JPG
IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_6881.JPG
IMG_6861.JPG

Fram Titanium don't have a primer coating, just a direct rough powercoat finish. One flaw I see on these is the crimp seam area near the gasket have chipped off some of it showing only bare metal which makes it a corrosion hotspot. The powdercoating is a marketing gimic feature just like the powerflow holes.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
That one photo looks like it's about to rust through. :oops:
Are you saying that some do better than others w/this rust issue?

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Looks like the new owners of the Fram name are using low grade, high iron steel and what appears to be pre oxidized steel. So what does the inside look like? Pre oxidized for you and your car's pleasure? . Fram:: says in a "thought bubble" above the corporate headquarters " We can't be bothered with proper metallurgy choice and storage and care of our steel for you". This is something Hyundai is good at, going 85% of the way and just not caring about the last 15% of their product production. Thanks Fram for all your care in your high priced products that appear to be low quality products. It seems you really don't car about the customers cars.

I should take a pic of the FS3600 under my engine once the rain subsides, its been wet all week here in the southern west coast.

i usually just leave the oil that gets spilled/transfered from my hands on the filter. kind of like under oiling.

Back