Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2011 F150 5.0
6000 miles in service

out/off: 8 quarts Pennzoil Ultra Platnium 5w-20 with Fram Titanium FS10575

in/on: 8 Quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-20 and carquest premium 84502 (made in china nitrile O ring)

tons of waviness and very dirty but no tears. this was from the first OCI since obtaining the truck from another fleet program. safe to say the PUP cleaned well.

IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg

IMG_5825.jpeg

IMG_5826.jpeg

IMG_5827.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_5829.jpeg

IMG_5830.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

new supplier is premium guard. tale tale sign is Vietnam, leak tested and silicone O-ring.
I also recently bought a Premium Guard made CQ Premium that was made in China. Leak tested, silicone ADBV and gasket, the works, just China as COO.

I also bought a Premium Guard branded filter off the web, it's COO is Vietnam I can't tell any difference between the two other than color and the PG branded filter has a textured coating.

I think Fram finally figured out the oil filter enthusiast will pay a premium for straight pleats with the endurance. This filter doesn't look terrible and without tears you can't complain if it's priced in a OC bundle. Full retail maybe there are better options.

Not impressed with that filter. Isn’t that supposed to be top of the line? What causes filters to get wavy and separate like that…..filling up with dirt?
Its fallen victim to extremely lean manufacturing practices to the point of sacrificing product design integrity to save a few dollars in material cost. Pretty sure its been discussed here plenty in the past around 2020 or so.

To be fair the Endurance is nowhere as good and robust as the old stock Ultra / Titanium in filtration. But its the best you can from Fram for now.

What causes filters to get wavy and separate like that…..filling up with dirt?
Theory is the cellulose fibers expand during use causing the pleats to get longer, so it goes wavy since the ends are glued to the end caps. It's not caused from dirt/debris loading.

FWIW the cartridge FS9972 Titanium for the Toyota v6 is still wire backed.
I noticed the same about the Ultra 10358 for toyotas. For a long time they were red color wire backed like the old ultras, probably left over old generation, but lately I have seen them with white media and wire backed like the endurance. Don't know if it was an endurance in an ultra box, or that is the new ultra 10358.

Wire backed Titaniums are still available, but it takes visiting a few AAPs to find them. Or just buy the Endurance or RP instead… Hoping they don’t cheapen those next…

Back