Fram TG3596A C&P, 6965 miles

Being honest, looking at the 'terrible' pleat spacing I'm surprised it held up for 7k mi. with no tears. But, seems it did. Some time ago there was a TG3614 anecdote posted that had similar pleat spacing and while it didn't tear, the endcap did bow at the area adjacent to wide pleats opening a space between endcap and compression spring/bypass piece. It was an area of oil bypass. Not saying that happened here, just noting it. More recently, there have been at least two post use anecdotes of Fram fiber OFs (EG or TG) with bad pleat spacing that did have tears at endcap.

All that said, seems this one survived to get the job done.

As for adbv material, there have been black adbv posted on TG and EG here. Beyond any doubt now, the black adbv "proven" to be nitrile. Not saying all use nitrile now, just that those with black adbv, were/are nitrile.

Thanks for c&p

Last edited:
The TG6607 that I put on my kids Sentra had a black ADBV. I’ll cut it open in 5,000 miles and post some pics.
Sounds like a candidate for another black Fram ADBV burn test. Sill waiting for an actual black silicone ADBV to show-up.

Back