FRAM filter metal flakes from forming thread?

Since this thread was bumped - my Denso filter arrived. The build quality is excellent, the threads look perfect, its the heaviest filter I think I have ever gotten in this size so I assume the can is quite thick. However the ADBV is black, and I should have watched the youtube vids first because a lot of websites say its silicon but I am pretty sure it is not. I emailed denso for the ADBV material type and bypass valve PSI rating a week ago - no reply - no surprise. I will use this filter likely on my one Nissan that I do fairly short OCI's - should be fine for 4000 miles?

My search for a new favorite continues. I think my next move is to try a microgard select.

Since this thread was bumped - my Denso filter arrived. The build quality is excellent, the threads look perfect, its the heaviest filter I think I have ever gotten in this size so I assume the can is quite thick. However the ADBV is black, and I should have watched the youtube vids first because a lot of websites say its silicon but I am pretty sure it is not.
Denso ADBV burn test ... nitrile.

I am sure you all have been paying attention to this sort of thing much longer than I have, but I have spend my adult life supporting manufacturing facilities - and I will say that leaving a thread with crap hanging off it is different than not cutting it deep enough or whatever - its a complete lack of QC. Either there trying to use the tooling too long, not properly using cutting fluid, or the operator just doesn't give a rip, and no one is even doing random QC checks at final finish - sounds like all of the above. If it was one can I wouldn't care - but its every fram can I have looked at, multiple locations, with different branding even (fram and supertech),

So for me its about what else in the assembly is no one paying any attention to. Maybe the media seal or glue or if the leaf spring is stamped right or who knows? Maybe its just fine, but that's the problem - you don't really know.

I take a microfiber towel, spray it with WD40 then run the threads (threads down) counter clockwise. This both cleans the threads but also lets me know of burs. Once that is done I use air and blow out the can. The filter gets wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the box.
IMG_0358.jpeg

OMG what is the world coming too.... :ROFLMAO:
Same thing it’s always been, a few posters that couldn’t care less about technical accuracy or content but instead just prowl the board to troll. You know the ones, you explain things and provide convincing evidence multiple times but it never matters to them since determining actual facts isn’t their goal.

Same thing it’s always been, a few posters that couldn’t care less about technical accuracy or content but instead just prowl the board to troll.
Plus, some people just can't grasp technical information. Or think it's some kind of voodoo hoax or something. Could be flat Earther syndrome, lol.

Since this thread was bumped - my Denso filter arrived. The build quality is excellent, the threads look perfect, its the heaviest filter I think I have ever gotten in this size so I assume the can is quite thick. However the ADBV is black, and I should have watched the youtube vids first because a lot of websites say its silicon but I am pretty sure it is not. I emailed denso for the ADBV material type and bypass valve PSI rating a week ago - no reply - no surprise. I will use this filter likely on my one Nissan that I do fairly short OCI's - should be fine for 4000 miles?

My search for a new favorite continues. I think my next move is to try a microgard select.
Those Denso FTF filters are a good 7500 mile filter-good construction, just not sure what happened to the silicone ADBV... First Brands has been pulling the same crap!

I ended up going with a WIX a while back for this very reason as well as the only option being a TG with a nitrile ADBV.

On a side note, I wonder how the threads on their larger filters like the PH16 look since they are shaped differently.

Back