FP vs. Neutra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know MK likes to "brew" FP and Neutra, but what is the 'real' difference in what the two products actually do?

I have been pretty satisfied with FP, but Neutra claims to provide upper cylinder lube as well...

Any ideas???

Terry asked me to refrain from any additive other than FP for my current oil change interval.

Assuming everything looks good (change is coming at the end of this month) I'll go back to alternating between cleaners and the two I'll use heavily are Neutra (still have some left) and FP.

--- Bror Jace

I have used both Neutra and Fuel Power. In my previous car when I used 12 oz. of Neutra the car really seemed to run good and seemed to get better fuel mileage. But I didn't really notice much difference when I used 3 oz. of Neutra.

Terry really knows a lot about motor oil and he says that Fuel Power, Lube Control, and Auto-RX work. I believe in Auto-RX for the oil very much myself. It certainly seemed to stop an oil seal leak in my previous car. I never use more then 3 oz. of Fuel Power in my fuel and it seems to make some difference. My fuel tank holds about 13 gallons.

I had a good UOA using Schaeffer's oil and Lube Control and Fuel Power.

Just received my 2 lovely jugs yesterday. WooT!!

How often should FP be added to a New Auto with 3K miles on her.

Every tank---Every other Tank---Once a Month?
We just received a new Shell station in town a few weeks a ago and have been using the V-Power ever since.

quote:

I know MK likes to "brew" FP and Neutra, but what is the 'real' difference in what the two products actually do?

I have been pretty satisfied with FP, but Neutra claims to provide upper cylinder lube as well...

Any ideas???

Both are excellent products.

Neutra is basically a fuel system and CC cleaner, whereas FP does both fuel system and CC cleaning, and adds extra potential chemical energy to the fuel mix.

Neither product is an upper cylinder lubricant, according to standard definitions. Search on "Upper Cylinder" for previous discussions on this topic.

The primary reason for using the brew was that for racing and winter use, the Neutra/FP mix fires faster in cold engines. We have found that FP moderates the flame front in the CC and some people have been able to use lower octane fuel with FP.

The standard dose for FP is 1 oz of FP /five gallons, for a ratio of 1:640.

Old OR new engines benefit from continual cleaning of the upper cylinder area.

I use the fuel power nearly every tank..
BTW recently bought a motorcycle...first 2 tanks the MPG was 44-45 ..put in FP and it climbed to 47 the next tank 48 and the next to 50MPG I think the FP helped to clean up the carb ...even though the bike only has 36000 miles.

I have a bottle of Neutra in 10 gallons of Mobil 87 octane (non-RFG, non-ethanol) gasoline in my car right now. Compared to running this same gasoline without Neutra, I'm now seeing about 2 degrees more knock retard (KR) than I was before on the same octane.
Could it be caused by the combustion chamber deposits being cleaned away, or did the Neutra do something to the fuel to make it more volatile?
Power seems good, and idle is smooth, but neither were an issue before the addition of the Neutra.

Additionally, the chemical analyst in my nose tells me that Neutra smells exactly the same as that old Gunk carburetor cleaner that came in a 1 gallon paint can. The kind you'd dunk the carb and parts into and let soak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back