Found this : HONDA Genuine 15400-PLM-A02 replaced with

Anyways . Would you use the FRAM Extra Guard PH7317 ( pictures above #9 ) for 7,000 > 9,000+ miles and a span of late August /early September to late May / early June of '23 ? This would include swings in temperatures ( condensation ) . Thinking this since HONDA allows 10,000 mile oil / filter intervals and the HONDA Genuine A02 consists of the FRAM Extra Guard PH7317 internal parts and canister .
The PH7317 can do anything the Honda A02 can do. Wouldn't worry about using either one.

My guess is he's using "XG" to mean Extra Guard ... "X" for Extra, and "G" for Guard.
That was my speculation as well. However as noted, when given the opportunity twice to confirm that, not done. Thus the follow up clarification by me.

In any case, DuckRyder aptly summed up the whole topic with his early reply.

That was my speculation as well. However as noted, when given the opportunity twice to confirm that, not done. Thus the follow up clarification by me.
Yeah, I gave it a "what?" shrug in post #7 ... 🤷‍♂️ 😄

Anyways . Would you use the FRAM Extra Guard PH7317 ( pictures above #9 ) for 7,000 > 9,000+ miles and a span of late August /early September to late May / early June of '23 ? This would include swings in temperatures ( condensation ) . Thinking this since HONDA allows 10,000 mile oil / filter intervals and the HONDA Genuine A02 consists of the FRAM Extra Guard PH7317 internal parts and canister .

Actually, Honda allows 20k because they on;y require a new filter every *other* oil change!

Yes, I use a PH7317 for one MM-suggested OCI. I replace the filter every time, even though Honda only wants you do it every other time :sneaky:

As a point of order Honda considers the A01/A02/003 interchangeable, so unless a vendor says you will get a specific one you can never be assured of getting the one you order, you’re most likely to get an A02 as that seems to be the default at least in the US.

The A02 has a metal seam clamp missing in PH and TG, I would not run either of those for 20000.

As a point of order Honda considers the A01/A02/003 interchangeable, so unless a vendor says you will get a specific one you can never be assured of getting the one you order, you’re most likely to get an A02 as that seems to be the default at least in the US.

The A02 has a metal seam clamp missing in PH and TG, I would not run either of those for 20000.

Purolator uses a metal seam clamp. Does that make them better? :sneaky:

Purolator uses a metal seam clamp. Does that make them better? :sneaky:

Nope, but Honda did not make that change for no reason.

I probably would not/have not run an A02 that long either, but if I had to run one of the 3 20000, I know which one I would pick.

OTH, pretty sure Adam ran a TG that long on a Toyota so YMMV, it’ll be fine until it is not fine… 😁

Installed the FRAM Extra Guard PH7317 . Post #17,187 with pictures .

It's still not an "XG" ... it would be "EG PH" for "Extra Guard" PH. ;)
”XG” was from the original Ultra, the “Xtended Guard”, the “PH” has alway been the base Extra Guard. Fram’s inability to spell has caused some confusion. The original Xtended Guard was only rated for 7000 miles-I would take one of those over any so-called “10,000 mile” Extra Guard!

I just use Bosch 3323 bought from RA, they are good filters, liking them much better than Mahle OC707, and no need to go 'honda' route either.
I cut open a new Bosch 3323 a few weeks ago, forgot to take picture before I cleaned up and threw it out. Very nice construction, metal clamp on the filter seam, metal end caps. Very strong filter assembly with end caps, couldnt even twist it. Very impressive as Project Farm would say…
I am going to cut open used ones for fun in the future, will try to post on here.

I cut open a new Bosch 3323 a few weeks ago, forgot to take picture before I cleaned up and threw it out. Very nice construction, metal clamp on the filter seam, metal end caps. Very strong filter assembly with end caps, couldnt even twist it. Very impressive as Project Farm would say…
I am going to cut open used ones for fun in the future, will try to post on here.
I was looking for a good replacement for my honda a01's. Bought a stash of them awhile back and almost out! The 3323 does look nice! Thanks for posting this!! Just what I needed.. (y)

Here's a few cut open . 1 looks to have a small tear . Shows it at 8:04 minutes .

I haven’t seen a new D+ in quite sometime like probably 5 years… they were ok though usually wavey. Purolator Synthetic was nice too in similar time period.

Y’all are overthinking this.

Back