Status
Not open for further replies.
'08 Prius 1.5L
.5 qts make-up Oil
4 qt sump
Pure One Classic Filter
Miles on Unit 100k
Miles on Oil 12k

Blackstone Labs: It's yet another good report for your Prius as it crosses the 100,000-mile point. With wear metals
this low, it looks like the engine is just getting broken in. You'll probably have to replace the battery pack
long before the engine needs attention. A trace of fuel was present, which probably lowered the viscosity a
bit, but neither the fuel nor the resulting low viscosity are harmful. The fuel is probably from something
operation like driving around town. The TBN was 1.6 showing a little active additive left. Try 14,000 miles on
the next oil. Nice looking Prius.

ALUMINUM 4
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 13
COPPER 1
LEAD
TIN 3
MOLYBDENUM 51
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 1
BORON 6
SILICON 8
SODIUM 5
CALCIUM 2168
MAGNESIUM 10
PHOSPHORUS 653
ZINC 764
BARIUM 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 55.7
cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 8.99
Flashpoint in °F 360
Fuel % TR
Antifreeze %
Water %
Insolubles % .3
TBN 1.6
TAN
ISO Code

Refilled with more Formula Shell Synthetic (this is the gray bottle from BJ's Wholesale Club) and will run for 10k without analyzing since I alreay have a few with this oil. Refill after that will be some MPT Industries 5w-30 that I got as a gift, will try to run it to 17k.

I wouldnt extend the first run of a different oil. Sometimes the additive packs deplete early on first runs.

^I agree.

This run on FSS is good, considering the mileage. I see no reason to drop down to 10k on the current fill. 12k seems perfect as there is just enough TBN left as a safety buffer, according to Blackstone's TBN scale. 14k would be pushing it but 12k looks good based on the UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back