Formula one

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is Max. As you say, this is "cultural" and should be left to the teams themeselves to handle security and if there are breaches handle it in the legal system. The FIA has set a bad presedent and should have stayed out.

So what do you all make of the FIA latest regarding the fuel temperature (Williams) in the last race.
I'm struggling with what I would have thought was a simple question. Was it legal or was it not?
Instead they appear to have ignored that and gone to a procedural 'get out'.

This is the biggest gripe I have with the FIA - that they have absolutely no consistency in any of their rulings. They brush off a situation where 2 teams were in breach of the rules. You either have fuel that within temperature perameters, or you dont. There is no grey area here. It's cut and dry. But what to they do? Nothing! No fine, no punishment, no DQ. They ban the team McLaren from the WCC, but not the drivers from the WDC. How much sense does that make? Especially when Alonso and De La Rosa admitted to having the Ferrari information! But "they came forward and admitted wrong doing, so only a slap on the wrist".

This season, unfortunetly, turned the governing body and the series into a joke. It pains me because I truely love motorsports, love F1, and hate NASCAR!

Last edited:
No. There's no standardized measurement means for the teams to monitor the fuel temps in the fuel cells or rails.

I'm with wizzells, it also pains me to watch the FIA drag F1 down to NA$CAR levels.

Just coming back to the start of this discussion, have you guys seen Hamilton's new contract deal with McLaren? It's apparantly a 5 year deal at 10 million GBPS per year.

Not a bad pay raise. Of course, he did perform very well last year. Time will tell if it continues (I expect it will). Sacrifice has earned him a very good paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back