Formula one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just you but anyone. What did you make of Alonso's move on Hamilton at the start this morning?

Shannow, that sounds like a dream way to experience an F1 race. You're right, nothing could top that.

I have lost all respect for Alonso this year, his carrying on about demanding to be treated as #1, the way he (supposedly) threw the team in with Stepneygate, holding up Louis in the pits during qualifying and now that dangerous move that could have taken out both he and his teammate.

For a champion, he is quite a loser!

Quote:

Not just you but anyone. What did you make of Alonso's move on Hamilton at the start this morning?

Now that McLaren are out of contention for the WCC, the gloves are off.

Alonso is simply trying to make sure he gets the WDC before his time at McLaren is over. This is his first and last year at McLaren.

Ferrari didn't break the rules, the F.I.A. screwed up. The F.I.A. didn't notify Ferrari via e-mail until after the grid was underway behind the safety car that they had to have the full-wet tires. The F.I.A. admitted they screwed up.

Quote:

Allegedly!

Not anymore. A handful of teams did not get the message either. On team was rolling out and a mechanic heard a laptop beeping. He checked it and found the message. For important stuff like this, messages are to be hand delivered, and signed for upon receipt.
Ferrari was the only team trying to start in inters, the rest had the sense to go with wets.

Ferrari didn't cheat. Officialdom stuff up. How do you think Aussie Mark Webber feels about being drilled by a team mate behind the safety car while running 2nd and in a good position to win?

Quote:

How do you think Aussie Mark Webber feels about being drilled by a team mate behind the safety car while running 2nd and in a good position to win?

liberace6.jpg

Quote:

Ferrari didn't cheat. Officialdom stuff up. How do you think Aussie Mark Webber feels about being drilled by a team mate behind the safety car while running 2nd and in a good position to win?

Had Hamilton not been acting like a wanker behind the safety car, that accident might have been avoided.

Hamilton is an amazing new talent and I look forward to his clinching the world drivers championship today in Shanghai--even though I am a Ferrari fan. That said, his driving behind the safety car at Fuji was bizarre and dangerous, and he was lucky to avoid a penalty from the stewards and luckier not to get hit from behind as happened to Webber. Hamilton's driving reminded me of the incident two or three years ago where Montoya, behind a safety car in the tunnel in Monte Carlo, "brake checked" M. Schumacher, who piled into the back of him. It was an arrogant and bonehead move. I hope Hamilton learned a lesson from the enquiry by the stewards. As the Shanghai race in a few hours is supposed to be wet, we'll soon know.

Schumacher was behind the safety car and "brake checked" Montoya in the tunnel and JPM hit MS. Montoya apologized for the error.

That being said I cannot figure exactly what LH was trying to accomplish driving like that. I would have had no argument against some action being taken against him.

punisher,

Thanks for setting me straight on the facts re: the brake check. I coulda sworn. . . .

Yep, I couldn't believe he did that. He looked like he was purposefully parking in that patch of gravel. Come to think of it, that's a dump place to have a wee bit of gravel.
smirk.gif

Of course the team probably should have people watching his car. The cords were showing through ... and they probably could have been seen for at least a lap prior to when he came in. They should have brought him in before they did.
frown.gif

I'd still have to bet on him to win the championship, though. I will be cheering (somewhat) for Kimi Raikonnen ... but he's a longshot.
dunno.gif

After this season, I have no respect whatsoever for Fernando Alonso.
smirk.gif

Over on Ferrari.chat Alonso is referred to as "Alonshole." Ha ha.

Agree that Kimi is a longshot. If Kimi wins the race and Massa takes second, then Kimi beats Alonso for the championship. The problem is that if Hamilton places 5th or better in the race, he beats Kimi.

If Alonso wins the race, Hamilton must place 2nd to win the championship.

So the smart money will be on Hamilton, with fingers crossed that he won't make another rookie mistake under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back