Form-A-Funnel Q+A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stu_Rock: Form-A-Funnels cost about $24, and there is a limited-time $2 REBATE right now on formafunnel.com. Just click on the "Rebate" tab.

When you see or use one, it is easy to see that the From-A-Funnel is not one of those "toy tools"... we built it to last, tested them up to 6000 single point flexs without failure of either the core or nitrile jacket.

They are built for a lifetime of professional use... and, like all of our PIG products, we back the Form-A-Funnel with our 100% Money-back Guarantee.

river_rat: I would consider all of the uses for Form-A-Funnel and that it is a lifetime tool... did the NAPA have a sample out? It is nice when people can actually get their hands on one to get a feel for how it is built.

The large Form-A-Funnel is for the really long fills and drains, and gets a lot of use from the aviation community.

Thanks for posting...

^Good points^
No sample out...I asked and he had one behind the counter.
I got to handle it out of the package though.
It's really cool, but just I hate to spend the money and find out I can't hang it between the filter and brush guard on the truck (my #1 use).
Right now I either drop the brush guard or put foil-formed catcher or a few paper towels under the filter. It works OK...but not very elegant.
Maybe I'll reconsider....

OK. I just showed the video to my wife, and she said "Brilliant!" so looks like we are getting one!
55.gif

If it is Made in USA, then it is priced *very reasonably*! I take back my previous comment and would have no hesitation to buy it if I come across a need or two. I have horde of tools which were purchased "just-in-case" :)

I am curious about how it seals on itself though. How come oil etc does not seep between the overlapping layers?

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If it is Made in USA, then it is priced *very reasonably*! I take back my previous comment and would have no hesitation to buy it if I come across a need or two. I have horde of tools which were purchased "just-in-case" :)

I am curious about how it seals on itself though. How come oil etc does not seep between the overlapping layers?

- Vikas

i will say they do seal against the surface you are working with very well, and as for oil seeping between the layers, it seems to be one piece of rubber molded around the lead, so if there is seam it is very well sealed. i bought this as a "just in case" tool as well, with a few uses that i know i'd use it for, but it has become a "first line of defense tool". i didn't realize how much i needed it until i had it. this is one of those tools that will change how you do things!

Last edited:
I got mine this morning and used it already. Does like it's supposed to and seems to be very well made.

Vikas: mopar_monkey got it all right... the thick Nitrile is molded the whole way around the core, and there is about a 3/4" edge the whole way around that is just Nitrile.

This very supple edge is what allows it to really seal up against the filter or plug, and also it is completely one piece of Nitrile from the exterior.

Thank you. Well I'm glad I got it. Just needed the wife to tell me $25 "won't break the bank"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Thank you. Well I'm glad I got it. Just needed the wife to tell me $25 "won't break the bank"
lol.gif

get anymore use out of it? please update how you are liking it.

I "sold" one today to mechanic buddy. Showed him mine and he called it into NAPA and got himself one delivered to the shop within the hour!

Oh yeah, it the first think I ever used on my 45 degree oil fill hole on the old VW that didn't make a mess.
Used it 6 or 7 times and love it.

I seem to be having a tough time acquiring one of these.

A NAPA online search is futile. PIG and some of the other online retailers want me to register or pay roughly $7.00 shipping....or both.

I have yet to see one in any auto parts store.

I accepted the fact that I would pay $25.00 for an innovative new handy product that is made in the USA but I guess not.

Did anyone else have better luck?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
I seem to be having a tough time acquiring one of these.

A NAPA online search is futile. PIG and some of the other online retailers want me to register or pay roughly $7.00 shipping....or both.

I have yet to see one in any auto parts store.

I accepted the fact that I would pay $25.00 for an innovative new handy product that is made in the USA but I guess not.

Did anyone else have better luck?

Purchased one Friday from a local NAPA store. I'm not in a big town, either.

Looks like a great handy tool to have around, I'll be getting one soon.

And a big thanks for manufacturing here in the States, always a pleasure to buy American made goods!

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Looks like a great handy tool to have around, I'll be getting one soon.

And a big thanks for manufacturing here in the States, always a pleasure to buy American made goods!

Ditto for me.

@bigdreama: Sorry for the hassle in finding one locally... if they were looking for part number, they would be looking for NAPA part number 18609.

One other member was having trouble, as well... what usually covers stocking is the fact that any store can usually pull stock from 3 different warehouses. Some NAPAs are still pretty new to the product.

If you ask your local NAPA for 18609 and they can't stock, please PM me and we can get this taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back