Forget Pennzoil Platinum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the current price, and a few bucks more. I think getting Pennzoil Ultra, the best of the best in Pennzoil is the road to take.
cool.gif

Glad you think so, Here in Tennessee there is like a $10 dollar difference between the two in the 5qt. jug.

Sometimes you get lucky. I was in a WM near me and they had Ultra on clearance for 21.00, PP was 20.50. Needless to say, I picked up the Ultra.

Ultra may well be the best but I'm paranoid enough that I still stick the Platinum in my wife's car (for now) just because its been around long enogh to be a proven product, and has lots of approval specs accumulated.

I thought about going ultra, but I've yet to see it in 5qt jugs. Walmart has 5qt jug of PP for $23.50 and the ultra quarts are like $6.97. Since I can't find the 5qt jug, it would cost me almost $14 more per change.

Where you guys see ultra in the jugs and how much are they?

$7/quart.. jeez. It's not the same oil, for sure, but I do my oil changes for about the price of two quarts of that stuff..

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
No 5-qt. jugs here, & the Ultra is NOT selling @ $6.97/qt.!

How much is a qt of ultra for you. Even the pp at Wally World is $6.14 here.

Last edited:
Quote:
Glad you think so, Here in Tennessee there is like a $10 dollar difference between the two in the 5qt. jug.
Really? Not sure what Ultra is sellng for in your local Wally's there, it's been $25 here for quite some time. That would make PP $15, better grab all you can for that price cuz you won't see it long, or ever again at that price.

OP's point taken though, at $1.50 a jug than PP it makes PU look better. Still can likely grab some PP in the future with rebate promos or oil/filter change promos for a better price. Right now QSHP/UD @ $17 with $2 instant rebate or $14 with mir rebate, looks about as good as any in the Wally sold sythetics.

Also may see one of those famous Wally rollbacks after PP sales slow.

Ultra is not selling well here at Wal-Mart and I noticed that on the quart bottles that there was a lot of dust on the bottles.

They did not have the 5 quart bottles @ either of the Two Super Wal-Marts here in town.

I am thinking we will be seeing those bottles on the clearance rack before long?

At my Walmart up here they've actually priced Platinum higher than Ultra! (it's about a dollar more per 5L jug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back