Ford WSS-M2C913-D oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
5w40 a3/b4 it is, then. Or maybe low to mid SAPS medium drain e9/e7 like this? Certainly save me buying two kinds of oils and having a third of a gallon here, half a gallon there left over.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
Originally Posted by SureshR
Thanks! It confirms what I've experienced with 913D oils - the oem castrol semi synthetic lasts around 4000 miles max, and the Mobil 1 is at around 5k.

However, I'm not at all sure a 0w30 is going to be that good an idea in India - high sulfur diesel (now at 50 ppm compared to 350 around 2012) and not very good cetane numbers (51 is the minimum) plus all the tropical heat and humidity, temperatures (100+ F in the summer).

Will higher weight and higher hths be OK?

If your engine burns no oil you could consider using a *w40 A3/B4 oil.

I used a Group II HDEO with no Ill effects.

I actually recommend using HDEO if you for some reason cannot use a ACEA oil.

Right. E7 / E9 HDEO 5w40 it is. The only reason I don't want to stock up on ACEA A5/B5 is that my apartment just doesn't have all that much space available for partially filled oil cans, and the current Ford spec Mobil 1 just isn't as good as it should be. I do hate these irregular oil change intervals that aren't 10k km, 20k km and such, so much tougher to keep track of service intervals when you've got two cars. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back