Ford wants to move from dealer stock to BTO

I'll bet you know someone who had a vehicle totalled.
I do. But the insurance company rents a vehicle for them-or they use the second family vehicle. As I stated-very rare-what ever the circumstance somebody HAS TO HAVE A CAR on a given day.

You may known somebody-but I have never known anybody whose vehicle blew up and needed a vehicle ASAP. I sure it happens-but it's not frequent. The dealers will ever lock in your trade amount-assuming it is in the same condition as when you ordered your new vehicle-and the projected miles are what they should be.
I have had catastrophic car issues (engine or transmission). Plus there is all those people who wrecked or got their car flooded. You don't know anyone who has had a car totaled and undriveable?

I have had catastrophic car issues (engine or transmission). Plus there is all those people who wrecked or got their car flooded. You don't know anyone who has had a car totaled and undriveable?
Not anybody whose Insurance Company didn't put them in a rental. BTW-in a flood situation the new/used cars are going to be flooded too. And don't try to tell me a catastrophic engine or transmission issue(s) doesn't give you warnings the vast majority of the time. And if you ignore them......whose fault is that?

Not anybody whose Insurance Company didn't put them in a rental. BTW-in a flood situation the new/used cars are going to be flooded too. And don't try to tell me a catastrophic engine or transmission issue(s) doesn't give you warnings the vast majority of the time. And if you ignore them......whose fault is that?
There are a lot of reasons for why an insurance company will total a vehicle, it doesn't take as much damage as you might think, it's all about the money, and there are a LOT of vehicles totaled every year (like hundreds of thousands).
You don't have very much experience with what the insurance companies will do about rental cars. They are NOT going to give you a rental for 6-8 weeks while you wait for an ordered vehicle to come in, they are going to take it away as soon as they make the settlement offer (typically within 10 to 14 days). You can fight the settlement offer but they are still going to take away the rental.

And don't try to tell me a catastrophic engine or transmission issue(s) doesn't give you warnings the vast majority of the time. And if you ignore them......whose fault is that?
Is driving a car for 25 years and 265K miles considered some sort of warning about a pending transmission failure, because otherwise there was none. Same for a engine that dropped a valve seat. No warning.

Some on this forum may not agree but I believe Ford is generally ahead of the Curve. Dealer stock will never be eliminated completely unless you move to the cell phone model where you just keep planned trade ins for the latest model !!

Back