Ford taking shots at Elon Musk

MBA’s screw up the business world. Companies hire and put them in charge of running things when they have no knowledge or experience other than book learnin. College professors know nothing about the real business world.

Ford has over 200k reservations on Lightning Trucks - and is actually delivering them. The number isn't bigger as they acknowledged they couldn't deliver more... Tesla still has some giant number of reservations on a truck that nobody knows when it may start being delivered. Which horse do you put your money on...
Well, if you MUST have an electric truck now, Ford would be the logical choice. If of course your immediate need outweighs all the problems and poor performance that you will get with the Ford. It's still probably a safer bet than the Rivian.

Tesla's decision to delay the production of the CyberTruck is because they have their production facilities maxed out building the Models 3 and Y and to a lesser extent the S, and to an even lesser extent the Model X. They are selling every Model 3 and Y they can build and have a many month backorder on them.

However, when they do have space and a labor force to start building the CyberTruck I expect them also to sell every one they can make as fast as they can make them.

Will Ford have the bugs out of the F-150 EV by then and have improved the overall performance ? They better hope so.......

MBA’s screw up the business world. Companies hire and put them in charge of running things when they have no knowledge or experience other than book learnin. College professors know nothing about the real business world.
This happens, almost as frequently as conspiracy theorists running companies. The main problem with "book learnin" is in academia, at least historically, they do not embrace how illogical humans act. When society doesn't adhere to logical paths of actions and does very dumb things that don't make any sense, they are dong things that for obvious reasons aren't covered by academia.

What we may need is for curriculum to start teaching aspects of human de-evolution... in layman's terms, just how big of a problem, and how do we handle, understand and predict, the accelerating rate of production of very dumb, confused and illogical people?

I have to disagree. Are there some cases? Of course. At San Jose State, many of the Professors in the School of Business were people who worked but took time to teach as well.

I can tell you, you have to have advanced degree knowledge to work out 5 year business plans. There is a lot of variables, math and contigencies involved.

Betting against Tesla has been going on since what, about 2008? How's that working for ya?
Personally, I wish like heck I had bought TSLA stock in Dec 2018 instead of the Model 3, but the word on the street was Tesla would be belly up any day, right? $65 in Dec 2018, $800 today.
That’s down from $1200 at the beginning of the year. I’m sure many people got burned, especially since it hit a low of 620 in between

That’s down from $1200 at the beginning of the year. I’m sure many people got burned, especially since it hit a low of 620 in between
TSLA is a roller coaster, for sure. But it is hardly the only stock down YTD. The S&P is down 15%, dragged down by TSLA.
I imagine most investors have a net positive, unless of course the only TSLA they own was bought during peak times, say November through April.

TSLA's stock value dive from a high of almost $1250 was mostly due to the overall market crash. Not anything to do with their performance as an automaker or their financial well being. Of course there has been a few rather large drops because Elon couldn't keep his mouth shut but the stock usually recovered after a few days.

When the market does recover, I predict that TSLA will be among the top stocks to gain value quickly. People that bought the stock when it was below $700 will do just fine.

Regarding MBA's running corporations, I have seen more damage done due to the Peter Principle, wherein people are promoted to their level of incompetence.

Will Ford have the bugs out of the F-150 EV by then and have improved the overall performance ? They better hope so.......

What I do not understand is why it cant manage a competitive trip time with existing autos.

Fords charging speed simply isn't competitive and they know it.
In the Munroe interview they seem shocked they needed to spend so much time figuring out charging.

Tesla should be embarrassed ford beat them to the pickup markup.

Since Ford just announced a seriously bad recall on the mach-e for almost everyone ever built they dont have much ground to stand on.

The entire auto industry including Ford should be much more deeply embarrassed at the world class beat down Tesla has given them all. And that they weren't the ones who were innovative enough to come up with such electric cars. Who's that auto-engineering consultant guy everybody respects? He says most of the old automakers won't survive Tesla. Eh, good riddance. What did they contribute anyway. Lots of places can make a good mouse trap using the 100 year old design.

Then there's the embarrassment ford brought upon themselves with their soccer mom fake mustang thing. Purists like me don't like them diluting the name and putting it on another one of the million ubiquitous blobs running around. They all look exactly the same, there could just be one, made by one company and nobody would care or know the difference. Just call it the "Blob". Made by parent company "Pod" or "Bubble".

There won't be any classic blobs. Nobody will fix them up someday and harken back to the days of the car-SUV's.

The entire auto industry including Ford should be much more deeply embarrassed at the world class beat down Tesla has given them all.
Tesa is not even in the top ten? Beat down? Embarrassed?
Tesla makes an electric car, as incredibly limited model line up but do give them credit for being and growing into a major player of a 4 door EV sedan. Easy to show large grow numbers when you never made a product before. (lets not forget about tax credits but no politics here)
With that said, its a battery operated car and generally one that doesnt appeal to Americans (4 door sedans)

Anyway, like any product in modern times, the big players are gearing up and EVs will be all over the market and at better prices and comfort levels and in vehicles that Americans love, like SUV size.
Competition is coming from all over the world, from companies far more experienced at delivering value to the average income earner in the USA.
One must keep in mind that ICE car makers customers weren't allowed to tax $7,500 off their income taxes, things are going to change, dramatically, I think ... unless Tesla comes up with more models that people want for more than a commuter car.

Im not saying Tesla wont survive, I hope they do, but they are going to have to do way more, the world is overflowing with automakers and EVs simplify the process much, much more for new players to come into the market. No ICE needed, just a battery and an electric motor. :whistle:

Last edited:
Tesla has the best EV because they were first. Give Elon Musk Credit where its due - however most of their profit currently comes from selling carbon offsets they sell to others.

Most car companies are really just manufacturing companies with a small R&D division that designs cars. If EV's really become a thing all car companies will build them, using parts sourced from 1000 other suppliers, just like they make cars now.

Ford is actually like $140B in debt. They seem to be doing OK for now - but its sounds like a lot to me.

The CEO's saying nothing but EV's in 10 years will say whatever they need to in order to increase the stock price. They all get the golden parachute after a few years and don't care - there never held to account.

Tesa is not even in the top ten? Beat down? Embarrassed?

They are the most valuable car company in the world - by far.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 9.15.22 AM.jpg

Back