Ford Recalls 129,000 sedans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford is recalling 129,000 fusions, and mercury milans because their 17 inch tires are falling off...
shocked.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/ford-recalls-129-000-sedans-wheels-may-fall-174822927.html

Last edited:
This is the kind of quality issue that is mind boggling. Cars have been made for over a century and now a company cannot make bolts/studs that hold a rim to the axle end? Wonder where they are sourced from?? Probably saved a few cents a car and now they will pay a fortune in repairs and potentil lawsuits. Penny wise...pound foolish.

Last edited:
Its unfortunate that all Vehicle manufatures must rely on outside sources for things like wheels and hardware.

Unlike Toyota ford didn't let this one " get away " from them........Git It LOL

Beast didn you reply with a link to all of Chryslers recalls and their lack of sales LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I smell China in this....

China? Really? I smell Ford and it's poor quality vendor program. After I sued Ford I vowed never to purchase another one of their products again.

The problem sounds like incomplete threading on the wheel studs. The wheel nut would come to the end of the threads and stop turning before it had tightened the rim to the hub. This would leave the rim just a little bit loose and able to move around enough to fatigue the studs and break them off.

Alloys are thicker at the bolt face so they'd tighten properly. So, no problem with alloys.

Of course, if you have alloys for summer and a set of steel rims for your snow tires, you might want to take advantage of the recall anyway.

Im pretty sure Ford, GM, chrysler, Toyota, Nissan and all other manufactures use many of the same vendors.

When we do lift kits with wheels and tires I require the customer to comeback in 500 Miles to recheck the torque on the lift and more imprtantly retorque the wheels.

Discount Tire I believe does the same practice on new wheel purchases. I have never had a car dealer request me to comeback to check the wheel torque even at 1st OCI nothing has ever been said

Im not saying this had anything to do with the issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
Its unfortunate that all Vehicle manufatures must rely on outside sources for things like wheels and hardware.

Unlike Toyota ford didn't let this one " get away " from them........Git It LOL

Beast didn you reply with a link to all of Chryslers recalls and their lack of sales LOL

Probably, ..... that was many beer nights ago, ROFL! Good one by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back