Ford Racing FL-1HP

A friend gave me two of these Ford FL-1HP filters years ago and they were old then. So they have been sitting a long time, but I do have a built Ford V8 I could use them on. Anyone know the specs on these? Are they worth using? I know some racing filters are more about flow that filtration. There looks to be a little surface rust on the top which could be a concern.

Any thoughts?

20211023_073552.jpg
20211023_073607.jpg
20211023_073534.jpg

IMO, these two filters belong on the shelf of the man cave of a Ford fan. Filterwise, a WalMart E-Core would probably be a better filter. But they are yours. Your decision, and if you cut ‘em, please post photos.

Thanks that's the answer I expected, which is why they have been sitting sitting years. Anyone know the filtration specs on these purely out of curiosity?

Thanks that's the answer I expected, which is why they have been sitting sitting years. Anyone know the filtration specs on these purely out of curiosity?
If I remember correctly, they actually filtered quite well. They had a synthetic/cellulose hybrid media like the Mobil 1 filter and the threaded-end bypass. I believe the filtration specs were comparable to the Mobil 1 at the time.

Back